It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

Post subject: Good deeds...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:41 pm 

I just pulled a brazilian lady's car out of a ditch and she bought me a beer. Lol!

Not really an amazing feat, but everyone else was just passing her by. I'm a firm believer in good karma. I try to 'pay it forward' every so often, especially when I'm in a shitty place in life. Regardless of the outcome, it feels good to help someone in need. I usually don't expect anything in return, but I ask them to help the next person they see in need. I believe small efforts in good faith, restore humanity and eventually those actions come back around in full circle.

What good deeds have you done this week/month/year?

Post subject: Re: Good deeds...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:11 am 

Last month I helped this lady in a wheelchair put her groceries in her truck. She start talking about how people really don’t help each other out anymore, it’s crazy she at an age where she could witness the deterioration of community within the country. That’s the one that stuck out to me, I try to help when I can.

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:14 am 

damn , .. GOD Bless

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:34 am 

SOUL CHOPPA wrote:

Hell yeah. Old timers will tell you some crazy stories, that puts life into perspective.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:16 am 

bought drugs and shared with friends.
just hired one of my good friends recently, and before he got his paycheck he was broke, so i gave him money to go get food.
been cleaning up after my sister and her husband a lot lately. (who i live with)
gave a friend a ride the other day.
feels good to give.
i assume everyone on this forum thinks i'm a selfish egotistical piece of shit because i said i make beats on a 303.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 am 

I helped paint an orthodox church just the other day.... albeit i was supposed to help again the next day and flopped.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:03 pm 

lol @Zendan . respects .. subtle humour .. good 1 Sir

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:55 pm 

Im not gonna list good deeds done for family & friends, they come first, I go out of my way to help those I love, risk my life, it's the way it should be.
Off the top of my head, a lady side swiped my car, smashed the shit out of it. She was with her son, they were on their way to court, she didn't have insurance or a job, was cryin. I told her not to worry & to get goin so she wouldn't be late to court.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:29 pm 

^

deep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:51 pm 

I just realized what I wrote might seem like I'm takin a stab at Zendan.....I'm not, it's great that you're there for your people, not everyone is like that. Especially when 'using'. I was so selfish, all I cared about was my next fix.
I think you're a good guy, I can tell by some of your comments. Seems like you only get heated when people talk shit. ....& yeah..... it might go too far sometimes....but doesn't mean you're a bad guy. I mean like you say.....all you do is go hard with the 303, what's so bad about that :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:01 am 

Sharris wrote:
I just realized what I wrote might seem like I'm takin a stab at Zendan.....I'm not, it's great that you're there for your people, not everyone is like that. Especially when 'using'. I was so selfish, all I cared about was my next fix.
I think you're a good guy, I can tell by some of your comments. Seems like you only get heated when people talk shit. ....& yeah..... it might go too far sometimes....but doesn't mean you're a bad guy. I mean like you say.....all you do is go hard with the 303, what's so bad about that :wink:

ah thank you so fuckin much sharris
and it's not even that i get heated when people talk shit! only if people talk shit about my musical ability or musical knowledge, that's the only thing in the world i take to heart. there's literally nothing else anyone could say to make me angry!! ahahahaha

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:58 am 

I get that.
You're passionate about it.
When you're passionate about something, you defend it.
It's human nature 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:06 am 

Signed up as a volunteer for the Special Olympics this month (high school).

Not really a "good deed", just something I care about.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:30 am 

Crane wrote:
Signed up as a volunteer for the Special Olympics this month (high school).

Not really a "good deed", just something I care about.

that's the goodest deed anyone has mentioned yet!!! you're too humble

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:17 am 

zendanisdead wrote:
that's the goodest deed anyone has mentioned yet!!! you're too humble

Story Time!!! Grab a cup of camomile my nikka!!!!

When I was around 15 I was "removed" from school. I was no longer aloud to attend any public school. I ended up going to a high priced alternative school for a year, said fuck this noise and got a GED.
Moved to the mountains and worked as a ticket checker at a ski resort (this is about 20 years ago).

One week the resort was hosting the Special Olympics. These guys/gals would come through my line for the next run and they were so excited. They didn't have a care in the world. There was no competition in their eyes, no fear, no worry, nothing. The only thing each one of these folks had in their eyes was happyness.

A guy named Jeremy that went to school with me came through my line, he had a yellow third place ribbon pinned to his coat, and the pride that shined from his eyes was amazing.

Back in the day these kids were called "retarded", that has now become an ugly word due to others making a joke out of it.
We consider these kids as "abnormal", "special", "retarded", "stupid", but our "normal" world is filled with hate, anger, envy, and the list goes on. We look at these kids like they are abnormal, because they think and act different to us.

I don't believe that these kids know that they are any different than the rest of us. They don't see the hate in the world, they don't acknowledge the insults and stereotypes that have been given to them. They just live life.

I have always donated my state taxes to the Special Olympics once I saw that pride in Jeremy's eyes, the last few years I have had to pay taxes, therefore no donation.

That is why I signed up to help, I feel I owe these fuckers for 3 years of donations.