It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 pm

Post subject: if you must know the truth ..
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 pm 

.. COMPANIES DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE CONSUMER

feel free to debate your gripes . this was originally gonna be a rant .. but that would be selfish .. vent away ..

for starters .. the Roland FA 08/ 06 .. could have changed the game .

Post subject: Re: if you must know the truth ..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 am 

Some do, there just not as successful.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 am 

no they dont give a fuck about the consumer...

you've just got to hope they have enough pride in their own company and reputation that it has a positive affect on the consumer...

look at the way Akai have behaved....they dont care about the consumer, but they clearly also dont really have much pride in their brand because they are happy to bullshit the fuck out of everything and not keep their word

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:34 am 

very true on the not as successful . they need to engage the market in a better way

as for akai . some of their ideas do lack thought . since they reverted to standalone with MPC Live .. it looks like they're starting to acknowledge their core market

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:09 pm 

THEGREAT wrote:
for starters .. the Roland FA 08/ 06 .. could have changed the game .

sorry man, in what way the could have changed the game...? could you develop that please?
i aks because i am not very confident in workstations
thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 pm 

.. yea sure EllaGuru

the FA 08 could have potentially been a 1 stop peace of equipment :

done correctly .. it would have include

keyboard + pad playing / sequencing ability . retaining the 404's core function ability with the possibility to apply multiple effects in sequencing mode ( which could have been screen based)

updated sound modelling (how Akai added different sound modes with the Renaissance)

it could have potentially been a new Korg Triton like beast machine . freedom to sequence textures and sample

instead .. well .. give 1 a try in a music shop (if possible) to know where I'm coming from

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:10 pm 

Of course there are companies that really do put consumers first. Roland used to be one of those companies. But it appears to me that they are a bit behind in modern technology and innovation. Perhaps they suffer from that leader syndrome, where they were an industry leader, and they stopped innovating. Yhey seem to be in a more recycle mode to me.

Modern recording is migrating to software more and more. It's insanely more convenient, and the resolution of digital modeling of pretty much everything is only going to get better. Every time I see a vintage keyboard (I sold my ASR-10, damnit), I realize that I no longer have the room in my studio, nor can I go mobile with old hardware (I know that is not important to all musicians).

If I were super wealthy, I could have a bigger studio and keep some great hardware around. But I love the mobility of my laptop, Logic Pro, and all of the software in one machine. I am probably going to sell my SX because I stopped using it. I don't want to hassle with moving files between hardware, and I'm not really doing any mobile sampling anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 am 

THEGREAT wrote:
.. yea sure EllaGuru

the FA 08 could have potentially been a 1 stop peace of equipment :

done correctly .. it would have include

keyboard + pad playing / sequencing ability . retaining the 404's core function ability with the possibility to apply multiple effects in sequencing mode ( which could have been screen based)

updated sound modelling (how Akai added different sound modes with the Renaissance)

it could have potentially been a new Korg Triton like beast machine . freedom to sequence textures and sample

instead .. well .. give 1 a try in a music shop (if possible) to know where I'm coming from

thanks

for now i'm acting with an mc909 (almost the same as a Fantom in synth structure + sampling) wich has a very nice sequencer, pads, mixer etc but i couple that with a midi keyborad...thing is that it has 128mb (expandable to something more with a trick) but it's ok.
i use to use softwares to to post porduction things and recording.
well, i use also 4 tracks recorders to do that, but very often i rerecord that on softwares to do mixing and Mastering.

i think that coming to home recording we have to do compromises with space and money...so also if we could have wanted to do analog recordings and post productions, we didn't have space to do that. So for now digital recordings/productions is were we come to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:06 pm 

you're either working the system or you're being worked by it

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:46 pm 

@Jetson .. ¹00 my friend . I understand the portability .on the flipside .. computer issues are the reason I've never looked back in my equipment choice . all hardware with a notebook to do light final mixing touches

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:52 pm 

@ellaguru .. true indeed .. compromise

I think with equipt such as the MV8800(which I've never used) I feel like the evolution of hardware only was cut abrupt .

I'd love nothing more than to be able to create the 1 stop equipt . drum machine/sampler/keyboard/DAW unit

with expansion ports for future sound modelling and fx / sound engines

.. maybe 1 day .. or not

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 pm 

@r4ph431 .. absolutely .. but fuck the system .. period

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm 

THEGREAT wrote:
@Jetson .. ¹00 my friend . I understand the portability .on the flipside .. computer issues are the reason I've never looked back in my equipment choice . all hardware with a notebook to do light final mixing touches

I've had my share of issues, to be sure! In fact, I've been one of those who wanted to have the limitations of hardware just to push creativity. Seems whenever you have seemingly unlimited capability, creativity slows down. I'm an old fart, so I grew up bouncing tape tracks back and forth. Ugh...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 pm 

jetson wrote:
THEGREAT wrote:

I've had my share of issues, to be sure! In fact, I've been one of those who wanted to have the limitations of hardware just to push creativity. Seems whenever you have seemingly unlimited capability, creativity slows down. I'm an old fart, so I grew up bouncing tape tracks back and forth. Ugh...

I own a computer consulting company, the last thing I want to do when I finally sit to be creative is look at a PC. Understand how powerful, I do, but my 404 and my Martin is all I need to be non productive for now. Love simplicity!!

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:15 pm 

Kegeratorz wrote:
jetson wrote:
I own a computer consulting company, the last thing I want to do when I finally sit to be creative is look at a PC. Understand how powerful, I do, but my 404 and my Martin is all I need to be non productive for now. Love simplicity!!

I can totally understand your desire to get away from the screen, so to speak - especially if you're in it all day for your work. And when you put it like that, a Martin and an SP sound pretty awesome! And simplicity can sometimes be the perfect recipe for great music.

You have a soundcloud link?