It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:25 am

Post subject: Retrospective about Sp404A
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:52 am 

I've had a think about the new update and it's easy to be negative about any new update.

Endless complaining is inevitable about new gear updates, though seldom do I hear this from successful artists. I often find this negativity is typically from people who're negative and closed minded- unwilling to embrace change.

In my opinion this new update is the best thing that's happened to the sp404 range as it brings the machine into a new market. Which is clear this was the intention.

It's clear the sp404sx isn't getting used to it's full potential, I only have to look at youtube to see this. There's some awesome guys doing some great tutorials and I am more than thankful for this. Much, much respect. But regarding live sets I personally haven't seen anything I remember or anything I can use as a mentor, which is sad and frustrating.

Sp404sx is an unbelievably powerful live tool, as I've been discovering. Though I've noticed a good understanding of muscle memory and practice are required as moves and transitions are difficult as fuck with this machine- which is probably why I personally haven't seen any notable live videos. Nothing against most peeps using this as a live tool, I just personally like to make shit difficult and as original as I can.

Hopefully now with this new update a new market is tapped and I (and other people using this for live) can finally see different styles and techniques being used with this utterly AMAZING machine.

Don't hate, embrace.

Last edited by futureoutfit on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Retrospective about Sp404A
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm 

respect for the positivity . on the surface I understand the negative response from a lot of current SP owners

time will tell

youtube Krisso The Great

https://shop.spreadshirt.co.uk/krissothegreat/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:21 pm 

THEGREAT wrote:
time will tell
yes will be very interesting. Roland aren't stupid like we sometimes think (I'm guilty too)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:52 pm 

I hope you're right . maybe everybody's just in great anticipation of a totally new peace

youtube Krisso The Great

https://shop.spreadshirt.co.uk/krissothegreat/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:31 pm 

I hear your point and would mostly agree, hard to keep the public happy. The real problem here is calling a paint job an update. But if you think that's enough to shuffle in a new crowd then cool.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:43 am 

Kegeratorz wrote:
But if you think that's enough to shuffle in a new crowd then cool.

I reckon that's their intention.

First sentence "Designed for live use, the SP-404A " they understand it's a live powerhouse.

Most importantly we should all be getting together and pushing roland for an OS update. Use more than 1 FX live, remain button schematics needs updating, save FX, view FX parameters, etc. etc.