It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Post subject: Re: Hardcore SP only guys
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:32 pm 

Edigging is a joke term because you really not digging, you just sampling somebody else's top ten (whatever that is) which makes obscure music, not-so-obscure anymore because its accessed by the internet.

Physical digging is a much rewarding and personal experience imo as mentioned in this thread and glad to still be apart of SP-forums with young cats dropping knowledge on vinyl, BIG UPS!!!

Truthfully, I come straight from the birth of sampling, and I couldn't afford most vinyl records those producers were sampling either. So I dug for cassettes. They had dollar bins for tapes back then but they were still sealed and brand new. Clearance type shit. And then I bought a $10 walkman and sampled the headphones out. In the end, it still was digging because I loved the smell of printed labels on cassettes and reading the credits and getting to know my favorite artist/label. It becomes personal and you begin a road of picking up dope sounds that you once thought was impossible. Then one day my father shows me a wealthy neighborhood throwing out vinyl records...but thats another story.

Peace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:22 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Edigging is a joke term because you really not digging, you just sampling somebody else's top ten (whatever that is) which makes obscure music, not-so-obscure anymore because its accessed by the internet.

Physical digging is a much rewarding and personal experience imo as mentioned in this thread and glad to still be apart of SP-forums with young cats dropping knowledge on vinyl, BIG UPS!!!

Truthfully, I come straight from the birth of sampling, and I couldn't afford most vinyl records those producers were sampling either. So I dug for cassettes. They had dollar bins for tapes back then but they were still sealed and brand new. Clearance type shit. And then I bought a $10 walkman and sampled the headphones out. In the end, it still was digging because I loved the smell of printed labels on cassettes and reading the credits and getting to know my favorite artist/label. It becomes personal and you begin a road of picking up dope sounds that you once thought was impossible. Then one day my father shows me a wealthy neighborhood throwing out vinyl records...but thats another story.

Peace

I wanted to sample tapes too! shoot i remember seeing oh no sampling nintendo 64 games lol pretty much anything physical is a safe bet. the e-digging thing isn't even that rewarding... the people who have youtube accounts dug for those themselves... so you're a slave to their ear and experience. It's mandatory to dig yourself to develop your own sound.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:24 pm 

404sx + akai s20 + waldorf blofeld desktop synth controlled and filtered by arturia minibrute (stacked). also whatever toy-synth i can get my hands on (pocket operator, pocket piano, pocket gameboy color)
i never really do productions with DAWs like ableton live cause i tend to not focus enough and do complete bullshit... its a good sketchpad tho to import simple/raw ideas and sequences to my samplers.......
HARDXCORE YO

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 am 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

Ill Green wrote:

Peace

Truth right here!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:25 am 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

[/quote]
I wanted to sample tapes too! shoot i remember seeing oh no sampling nintendo 64 games lol pretty much anything physical is a safe bet. the e-digging thing isn't even that rewarding... the people who have youtube accounts dug for those themselves... so you're a slave to their ear and experience. It's mandatory to dig yourself to develop your own sound.[/quote]

This exactly how I feel,If you own the physical then its fair game!As of now thou I'm strictly in da crates!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 pm 

digging for records is a crucial aspect of it for me... I still haven't made a beat that I really feel like im proud of.. but all the different aspects of the process and everything is what ive been enjoying and going thru jazz and soul records at the store is damn near like therapy on a day off work...