It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm

Post subject: CF card formatted on SP404 not reading on Macbook Pro
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:51 am 

So in my last post I was having a problem with my SP404 OG not turning on when there's a CF card in it, which I found out could have been because I was using a Transcend 1gb 188x CF card (apparently it's a bit sketchy and not reliable).

So I decided to try a new card to see if that truly was the problem. Now I'm using a Sandisk Ultra II 1gb CF card, which afaik is completely compatible with an SP404 OG (one of my friends even has one and says it works fine).

When I got the Sandisk CF card, I immediately formatted it on my SP404 and connected it to my computer (Macbook Pro late 2011 running Sierra) using a CF USB adapter thing. However, I get the message "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." every time I format it and try connecting it.

So I tried formatting it on my computer instead of on the 404. Now I can connect it to both my 404 and my computer but I can't load any samples from the CF card on to the 404 at all. It just shows up as empty.

At this point, I'm pretty convinced there is something wrong with the SP404 itself and that I should just sell it at a loss and get a new one. But I'm open to any solutions you guys can suggest.