It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

Post subject: Fixing My 808 and ?'s
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 5:48 pm 

I guess a short rant non the less. The FX button was not responsive on my 808. It kind of killed me, as I assume it would any long time SP user. It's been some years since I have actually been able to dust off my 808. Time flies pretty quickly when you're not paying attention. Anyway, since the past years I have actually lost not only my SP-202, but my SP-404SX. Between that, my broken 808, and the years of time spent elsewhere, I almost gave it all up. But I went down to Fry's Electronics picked up some momentary tactile buttons and went to hell and back just to get my 808 working again. The Fx on this machine mean everything. Almost... you know, other than the sampling, sequencing, and all that shit. Took her apart in a million pieces, desoldered and soldered the (wrong but sanded down make shift) new button on. All in all, it turned on, all functions are working properly and I Am Happy As Hell To Be Back On The Machine And Back On The SP-Forums!

Haha, P. S. the button sound louder and has more of a click than the other button but works perfectly. I'll definitely post pictures and a how to in the 898 Tips n Tricks if any one wants.

And to the question--> Have any of you ever had to take your SP (or other gear) apart for a fix of some sort???

Other than a card reader exchanges or thick MPC pads. Those are pretty common upgrades/Mods/Fixes

Post subject: Re: Fixing My 808 and ?'s
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:35 pm 

Where do you get a card reader for the SP808? Is it easy enough to swap the Zip drive with it? Or do you need the SCSI port to run it?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:47 am 

It's a few screws and 2 plugs(in which I am not familiar with the names, types, or differences in). The hard part is finding a card reader that works. Something about being bootable, like a zip is, is where the problem happens. I've seen 808s with card readers... or at least pictures. But no one seems to be able to find a source of one that works. The zip is a bit annoying, but definitely does not stop me from using :D on another thread I guess they had a project going for a manufacture to make a comparable card reader to work with the so-808, but I have no idea if they ever came out with one that works and has been released

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:48 am 

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22455&start=30

Yea, looks like a dead idea at the moment :|