It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:07 pm

Post subject: Girls get in the way of production
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:18 am 

I sorta dumped this girl awhile back because ahe was always nagfing me about my constant diggin and record pickups. Also, we just had totally different musical tastes. I'm into pretty much everything BUT country. And that's all she cared for. So we kind of clashed. She was a bit of a downer. Only time well spent with her was in the sack. So I just stopped hitting her up amd ignoring her calls.

I found so much more time for music. Creating, listening, going to shows.

But every guy gets that itch. And again, girls started getting in way when I was out chasing tail.

I always hoped I would bump into some dope chick at the record store. And find a soulmate that could stand my vinyl obsession, maybe even better, she'd be turned on by it.
Like marry Eevee the beat-maker and live happily ever after.

But nah, with chicks I run with, I gotta put my music aside. And it just ain't cool.

Post subject: Re: Girls get in the way of production
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:16 am 

i don't think musical taste is the most important thing in a relationship
i doubt that all the girls who are with beatmakers like what they do

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:06 pm 

It's a weird thing, really. You'd think being with a partner who has the same taste in things would be great, but maybe not. As a songwriter, I sometimes wish I could be with another songwriter - but I think the creative part of making music rarely ever lines up between two people, especially if they're hooking up.

It's not really much different for guys who have other hobbies, like mechanics, woodworkers...they all face the same problems with their partners sometimes interfering with their passion.

I guess the best of both worlds would be two people who have creative passions and their relationship allows each of them to chase those passions without harming either. Jealousy is some powerful shit though...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:37 pm 

Have you considered making beats for a girl you liked?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:58 pm 

I think you shouldn't worry so much about it. Sounds like you're doing fine and know what you want. If a girl comes your way then just have fun. And if you would rather spend time on music, then spend time on music. I don't think anyone will ever find someone "happy ever after" especially if the dealbreaker is country music.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 am 

Girls are weird like that. They just don't like for you to be putting attention and passion in beatmaking other than her. And they will do all they can to take that attention and passion from the beats. Now, if the beats are raking in the money, then she'll stick by you, supporting you all the way. Thats until the day the beats stop bringing in the money, thats when she'll tell you goodbye or tell you to get a real job with a suit and tie.

I work a good job, but even with that, girls try to drive me away from my craft. They'll try to water it down saying its stupid, I should spend my money on buying a house or car. One time I made this epic beat and I wanted her to listen to it, 10 seconds into it and she starts blabbering about some bitch in her class, I just told her get the fuck out NOW!.

I always dream of meeting that down to earth girl, and I did, but there was too much red paint to even blossom to a relationship. For one, she was my brother's ex-fiancé which were to be married. Anyway, after 5 years, we met again, she asked about my brother and I asked what she been up to, you know innocent convo, and she asked me where she can buy a stylus. I was like "what? stylus for a turntable?" She said yes, she DJs and was in middle of making a screw mixtape, so I gave her one of my albums to see if she could put a song or two on her tape and she loved it because she is very into MF DOOM and Sean Price. Thats when the magic sparked, we spent the whole day together talking about underground music that from 1pm we met, became 11pm at night and by then we just looked at each other in silence and we kissed passionately in front of a crowd of people I didn't knew was there and they cheered and clapped when we finished. Then she tells me that she still loves my brother but never knew the person I truly was until that day, which turned me off because she said she still loved him but I paid no mind. Our last night together and she had to return home in Texas but she really let me know how much she felt about me. We didn't know how things were going to turn out, I thought it was a hi and goodbye thing and she thought she was going to greet my parents but turned into a 3 day romance. It just didn't workout though, she still loved my bro and my bro loved her, I just didn't want to deal with a triangle affair like that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:48 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
Girls are weird like that. They just don't like for you to be putting attention and passion in beatmaking other than her. And they will do all they can to take that attention and passion from the beats. Now, if the beats are raking in the money, then she'll stick by you, supporting you all the way. Thats until the day the beats stop bringing in the money, thats when she'll tell you goodbye or tell you to get a real job with a suit and tie.

I work a good job, but even with that, girls try to drive me away from my craft. They'll try to water it down saying its stupid, I should spend my money on buying a house or car. One time I made this epic beat and I wanted her to listen to it, 10 seconds into it and she starts blabbering about some bitch in her class, I just told her get the fuck out NOW!.

I always dream of meeting that down to earth girl, and I did, but there was too much red paint to even blossom to a relationship. For one, she was my brother's ex-fiancé which were to be married. Anyway, after 5 years, we met again, she asked about my brother and I asked what she been up to, you know innocent convo, and she asked me where she can buy a stylus. I was like "what? stylus for a turntable?" She said yes, she DJs and was in middle of making a screw mixtape, so I gave her one of my albums to see if she could put a song or two on her tape and she loved it because she is very into MF DOOM and Sean Price. Thats when the magic sparked, we spent the whole day together talking about underground music that from 1pm we met, became 11pm at night and by then we just looked at each other in silence and we kissed passionately in front of a crowd of people I didn't knew was there and they cheered and clapped when we finished. Then she tells me that she still loves my brother but never knew the person I truly was until that day, which turned me off because she said she still loved him but I paid no mind. Our last night together and she had to return home in Texas but she really let me know how much she felt about me. We didn't know how things were going to turn out, I thought it was a hi and goodbye thing and she thought she was going to greet my parents but turned into a 3 day romance. It just didn't workout though, she still loved my bro and my bro loved her, I just didn't want to deal with a triangle affair like that.

DRAMA STORY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:10 pm 

Heh. :roll:

Last edited by 444 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:28 pm 

i'm going out with a girl wich plays piano, classical and contemporary music. After some months, now i listen more classical and her loves lofi jazz beattapes....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:16 am 

ellaguru wrote:
i'm going out with a girl wich plays piano, classical and contemporary music. After some months, now i listen more classical and her loves lofi jazz beattapes....

I can only dream

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 pm 

Yeah sorry guys, my girl loves that I'm creative and have a passion. Her tastes run totally opposite too, but now she says she's fucking annoyed because she's coming more and more round to my kind of tastes. And I'll still head to gigs for her, and tonight we're at a gig for me. Its about finding balance, understanding, and just getting on getting on.
I'm lucky, but yeah IMO finding the right girl > finding a girl :) course that's nae help if you just want to get your hole. Then get fucked up and head to a party :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:26 pm 

I ONLY WANT SHE COOK WELL :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:12 am 

I only want a morning BJ and cleanup my bathroom on the way out.
The rest ya'll can keep.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:45 pm 

that's life.., it's never perfect but it balances itself out with some understanding or middle ground or meeting halfway, girls are fickle minded creatures that want attention and I guess it sort of a bad look when we're twisting knobs, poking pads and listening to what we have put together from morning til night, seven days a week(sarcasm) instead of them? But if your making good money off of your craft then the storyline changes, well just maybe...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:39 am 

i feel u i tripped on my fleshlight on the way to my desk so i can relate