It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm

Post subject: My Two Cents;
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:59 am 

So I just posted a thread on r/lofihiphop and I'd like to get your guy's input..

Here's my post;
r4ph431 wrote:
Though I understand that usually this is a free-form and experimental genre, I cannot help but blame this "Please be positive" attitude for the saturation of shit beats and shit posts that are currently plaguing this genre..
Everyone is going unchecked. Ripping each other off. Regurgitating instead of innovating the sound..
It's almost like when kids win trophies for just for participating.
This attitude and lack of consequence breeds shitty music and is detrimental for the growth of the sound and community.
Imho,
It's become played out and turned into cliche.
I'm not gonna put anyone on blast, but you know what, and or who, I'm talking about.
As long as everyone continues to go unchecked... This genre and community with remain stagnant.

I'm essentially just trying to stir up conversation on that board which is usually filled with people thoughtlessly promoting their own beats...

And well, I figured it'd be relevant to this community as well.

What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: My Two Cents;
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:38 am 

I dont think its a "everyone gets a trophy" but it more like a passive "yeah, I like ninja tapes and this sounds disgustingly like the others but it still sounds cool and I dont want to piss anyone off so I wont say anything." I think people either dont care or are afraid to say something. Hip hop in general though has gotten over crucifying copy cats.

So the the lofi reddit page is 100% just music plugs/promotions?

My favorite color is oh my god bitch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:51 am 

It suprises me how powerful SP's are. If roland put out a budget sampler with and eq, vinyl sim, lofi, and a sequencer niggas would go crazy. People spend $230+ to sound like other people.

Ninja tapes and Jazz tapes. Ninja tapes and Jazz tapes.
Ninja tapes and Jazz tapes. Ninja tapes and Jazz tapes
Ninja tapes and Jazz tapes. Ninja tapes and Jazz tapes
Im sick of your shit.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:42 pm 

I'm not sure whether "please be positive" means that you should be positive and open about every shit that gets posted. Further down on the site bar there is also written "Criticism is a good thing!". So I guess it's more like constructive criticism is positive and hate is negative. I understand though that even with this interpretation it's hard to be positive about shitty, ripped off beats. But that's what happens to a style when it gets popular: people are messing with it until its done and sadly there is nothing you can do about. You have to wait until it cleansed itself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:50 am 

Vivian Neezhnies wrote:
So the the lofi reddit page is 100% just music plugs/promotions?

Yep.

Pip Molinsky wrote:
...it's hard to be positive about shitty, ripped off beats. But that's what happens to a style when it gets popular: people are messing with it until its done and sadly there is nothing you can do about. You have to wait until it cleansed itself.

If only we could have a purge of some sort.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:37 pm 

fuck being praised i want you all to dog on my tracks and make me feel like shit

here's a blatantly ripped off track i basically just remade children of the atom lmao AND I MADE IT IN A DAW HAHAHA like the only beat in the past year i've used daw

____________ edit

na but rly i appreciate when people point out whats wrong with my tracks that's what i want to hear

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:28 pm 

Wheres that children of the atom remake?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:16 pm 

to be real....

no one is getting checked these days. Its the world we live in.

It is shit but the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:37 pm 

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 pm 

hisu wrote:
fuck being praised i want you all to dog on my tracks and make me feel like shit

here's a blatantly ripped off track i basically just remade children of the atom lmao AND I MADE IT IN A DAW HAHAHA like the only beat in the past year i've used daw

____________ edit

na but rly i appreciate when people point out whats wrong with my tracks that's what i want to hear

And you wanna hear that because you want to grow as a producer?

PawgSlayer wrote:
to be real....

no one is getting checked these days. Its the world we live in.

It is shit but the truth.

Yup :?

l i f wrote:

I bet if you replaced that keyboard with your sp-808 you'd come out with more interesting sounds than the majority of soundcloud "lofi hip hop" producers.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:13 pm 

https://soundcloud.com/user-155132900/enxababvjxce

my bad i mustve deleted the link when i editdd my post

and yaa i wanna hear what's wrong with my tracks so i can improve my production skillz!!! ialways ask ppl for advice and if there's something they don't like about my tracks

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:47 am 

word bruh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:18 pm 

r4ph431 , what you ve said is true... there are 745839348 lo-fi beatmakers now but 3/4 do the same boom bap shit and 1/4 make original beats and that's often the 3/4 who take benefits,succes and inspiration of 1/4 but i think it isn't a new thing...
Reals know reals regardless the numbers of followers or i don't know what.
As i often say, i prefere 10 cool followers who really appreciate my stuff and in the same optic like me than 10 00000 who are finally just sheeps who followed each other without any personality...and to be honest i make music in priority for ME and for MY pleasure (ok it's a little selfish but every "artist" are selfish) and after if people like , good for them.
Fame is bullshit , underground is the thing 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:47 pm 

Yep been listening to underground hip hop before the beat/instrumental scene spread out.. Its how I was brought up, But Whats ridiculously funny is people dont get checked in this scene at all, they rather talk behind other peoples backs and or create a following to have other lame breed sheeps to hate on you. Id like to stay away from that as much as possible, and if that makes other people not pay attention to me than good. But im saying, Another thing I definitely noticed also is the watered down positive crap I mean cool you view things like that but other people dont. Humans have different points of views on what they see and what they want to consume. And I think thats a really good part of being a adult and understanding not everything has to be a certain way. Especially in a experimental scene, like the beat scene. So be yourself. Do what makes you you. Be unique stand out dont be a Sheep.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 am 

Rustoleumism wrote:
Yep been listening to underground hip hop before the beat/instrumental scene spread out.. Its how I was brought up, But Whats ridiculously funny is people dont get checked in this scene at all, they rather talk behind other peoples backs and or create a following to have other lame breed sheeps to hate on you. Id like to stay away from that as much as possible, and if that makes other people not pay attention to me than good. But im saying, Another thing I definitely noticed also is the watered down positive crap I mean cool you view things like that but other people dont. Humans have different points of views on what they see and what they want to consume. And I think thats a really good part of being a adult and understanding not everything has to be a certain way. Especially in a experimental scene, like the beat scene. So be yourself. Do what makes you you. Be unique stand out dont be a Sheep.
WELL PUT MANG