It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:10 pm

Post subject: Soldering
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:05 pm 

Soldering.... Learn. To. Do. It. NOW!

If you love your gear or any other electronics you owe it to yourself to take a day out of your time to learn the basics of soldering. For around $25 you can get everything you need to get started.

- adjustable heat/wattage soldering iron
- flux remover pen or defluxing wick
- right angle tweezers
- rosin paste flux
- 60/40 rosin core RA (activated rosin) solder .03 gauge
- sponge

It's a lot easier than it looks. Take apart a broken gadget and start messing around. No more broken RCAs or ctrl knob 3 ;)

Post subject: Re: Soldering
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:55 am 

YES! I want to learn it as soon as i really Need it. i bought a "Velleman EDU03 Education Soldering Kit" probably for Kids but everything you Need to start is in there, and it was cheap. did i bought a bad one? The nice part: they deliver you 2 diy-kits to solder some LED's to a circuit board to learn soldering...

i bought the soldering iron because my sp-505, mpc 500 and sp-606 all got tact Switches which i think will soon die (some of them i had to press harder or twice but after good cleaning they all were ok again so i didn't soldered anything "real")

what Kind of soldering Jobs you already did formal? You got some Tips and Tricks?

https://youtu.be/P4wTn6x_vpA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:27 pm 

I bought an Aoyue 2703A+ soldering rework station and I can't live without it. I use it exclusively for all my electronic music gear.

MBP 11,3 | Logic Pro X | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Pro 2 | MPC3000LE, MPC4000, MPC500, MPK-49 | MV-8800, (2) TR-707, TR-808 & TR-909 | (3) ASR-10 | x0xb0x #911 | (2) Technics SL-1200MK1 & SL-1200GLD | 4000+ records

Last edited by JUKE179r on Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 pm 

I attended a small workshop some months ago where we built a small oscillator thing. Soldered for he first time there and immediately bought a bolt and some tin when I got home. It's super easy and I don't think you can do anything wrong, really. Just make sure that you've got a solid stand for the bolt and a proper 'metal sponge' for cleaning it and you're set.

I bought an Arduino and some breadboards and stuff, I'm trying to build a small synth with it and already got a cool noise generator :D Sadly don't have a well sorted electronics store where I live now, but I'm definitely work some more on that after I move in December.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:50 pm 

I built one of these Cheshire Kits from Twisted Electrons using my awesome soldering skills lol

easy build and sounds great too

https://youtu.be/KIE-DbEdIJw

https://youtu.be/uMoLiVLMa-M

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:40 am 

SP forum is the forum of discussion with the legal terms and ideas of basically purposely making and containing sense. The blog of soldering has the full review in detail of my assignment help with the help of logic and technical matters.