It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm

Post subject: new here
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:40 pm 

after realizing lofi hip hop was full of a bunch of fags using ableton making trap beats lmao i decided to come here.... wasup

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

Post subject: Re: new here
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:56 pm 

btw i was talking about http://www.lofi.hiphop/

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:55 am 

lol i've spit on that circle jerk of a website since the topic about even it came up on reddit:

"lo-fi" means low-fidelity

and they were trying to standardize it by dictating what is right and wrong and by creating a private club of it, they were completing losing sight of it's origins..

IMHO,

LO-FI is a free-form sub-genre that could be easily described as ALTERNATIVE HIP-HOP

it does not abide to standards, it does not care for sonic quality
it is unruly, organic and natural

and that douche bag that created the website completely lost sight of that and hoped to create a community which would dictate otherwise...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:27 am 

"LO-FI is a free-form sub-genre that could be easily described as ALTERNATIVE HIP-HOP"

Agreed. But some of the context you used I don't 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:50 am 

r4ph431 wrote:
lol i've spit on that circle jerk of a website since the topic about even it came up on reddit:

and they were trying to standardize it by dictating what is right and wrong and by creating a private club of it, they were completing losing sight of it's origins..

IMHO,

LO-FI is a free-form sub-genre that could be easily described as ALTERNATIVE HIP-HOP

and that douche bag that created the website completely lost sight of that and hoped to create a community which would dictate otherwise...

Last edited by shit1023 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 am 

and for Zendan (hisu)... I mean come on man "fags" everyone in there was cool with everyone until the hardware trumping software conversation started and well you know how that went, no need to blast it on here. Accept artist for the artistry not because they use "Ableton to make trap beats" lol c'mon man.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:47 am 

EliWentHome wrote:
and for Zendan (hisu)... I mean come on man "fags" everyone in there was cool with everyone until the hardware trumping software conversation started and well you know how that went, no need to blast it on here. Accept artist for the artistry not because they use "Ableton to make trap beats" lol c'mon man.

i never once suggested hardware was better in any way
i only defended it when it was scrutinized and explained how i love the workflow, it's why i make beats because it's fun when i'm working with hardware, and the sound achieved
i'm sure a ton of the beats i listen to are made in a daw and i have nothing against it as long as it has artistic value and it makes my ears happy
the ableton trap beat thing was a joke btw
but really most on lfhh doesn't know what the fuck they're doing

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:49 am 

r4ph431 wrote:

IMHO,

i agree

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:50 am 

EliWentHome wrote:
Agreed. But some of the context you used I don't 100%.

It's cool, my saltiness comes from interactions that I had with the guy who created it.

dontgotnowisdom wrote:
haha sheesh idg why you feel some type of way over something that is so subjective super near sighted, and oh shit waddup zendan

When the topic of creating this website came up on r/LofiHipHop/, the founder of the sight asked for people's opinions on creating the website. I was all for it until he decided to make it a private, members only, type of deal.

I argued that doing so would just breed a circle jerk of douche bags trying to standardize what is and isn't "Lo-Fi Hip-Hop" and well.. Yeah it became what it is now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:16 pm 

Last edited by 444 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:31 pm 

andy wrote:
I always felt that hip-hop, at its roots, is free form and just doing what you want to do cause you love it or have fun doing it.

But as things gain traction, outside people feel the need to put things in boxes to better understand a culture. Once you have boxes, people start making standards for organizing those boxes. Then people come out as being expert on said boxes. People then start conforming to said standards and things get boring.

Fuck boxes.

#alternativelofidowntempotraphopdecontructedjazzsoulbeats with hint of dilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:11 pm 

andy wrote:
I always felt that hip-hop, at its roots, is free form and just doing what you want to do cause you love it or have fun doing it.

But as things gain traction, outside people feel the need to put things in boxes to better understand a culture. Once you have boxes, people start making standards for organizing those boxes. Then people come out as being expert on said boxes. People then start conforming to said standards and things get boring.

Fuck boxes.

#alternativelofidowntempotraphopdecontructedjazzsoulbeats with hint of dilla

+1

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:45 pm 

i agree that the lofi.hiphop has it's mix zealots but so far my experience has been pretty good over there even though they give me shit about my experimental beats stuff.lol... all in good fun though.. as far as the hardware/software debate goes i think that blending both of these instruments together makes for some great experimentation into sound. check out expert sleepers or reaktor blocks to see the crossover modules.....fun stuff mang
-mike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:01 pm 

not to talk shit or anything but I was left with a really negative first impression

when they first came out all they did was spam their forum on here, like we're already a forum why they trying to steal members and break our shit up

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:13 pm 

andy wrote:
Fuck boxes

THIS