It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am

Post subject: Re: new here
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:13 am 

Fuck that site. Fags, cunts, dick sliders whatever, they fake with the lofi. Not dissing software but can't have lofi if you got a clean 24bit 96kHz sound 9mean?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:32 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
Fuck that site. Fags, cunts, dick sliders whatever, they fake with the lofi. Not dissing software but can't have lofi if you got a clean 24bit 96kHz sound 9mean?

that depends on the artifacts......... let's try not to limit folks love of lofi to digital or analog artifacts...... your sonic palette should include the kitchen sink if it works........ here is an example of adding some analog artifacts to a digital wave file......much love and respect....
-mike
moog 104m vesus tascam 388 tape.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHILUAKDQXE ... bonefish67

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..... . . . . .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:19 pm 

yall really like calling people fags dontcha?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:56 pm 

r4ph431 wrote:
When the topic of creating this website came up on r/LofiHipHop/, the founder of the sight asked for people's opinions on creating the website. I was all for it until he decided to make it a private, members only, type of deal.

I argued that doing so would just breed a circle jerk of douche bags trying to standardize what is and isn't "Lo-Fi Hip-Hop" and well.. Yeah it became what it is now.

This might be a little bit late, but I'm the creator and head moderator of the subreddit (you can verify this by sending me a message on reddit), and I never once wanted to make it private or invite-only. Actually, I only vaguely remember starting a thread for suggestions where I may have asked the community if they'd like it to be private, but I believe the answer was no, so I decidedly didn't make it private and I never have. Any time it's been set to private, it's because I was editing the subreddits CSS to implement major changes, not to make the subreddit some secretive community.

Either way, it isn't a private subreddit now, and I don't think it ever has been for any extended period of time.

Also, in response to your reply to me within that thread, I don't remember any user specifically debating such a topic with me. I may be mistaken, so correct me if I'm wrong please.

I'd like to conclude by saying that I'm up for any changes that can impact our sub positively, and I try to listen to our userbase. Although, you should know that such a niche place like ours is hard to manage (over 10,000 subscribers now, woo!), and we won't be able to make everyone happy.

Where the subreddit has gone has been brought to that point quite organically, and I hope it isn't such a bad place as you imply.

- HexagonHobbes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 pm 

HexagonHobbes wrote:
r4ph431 wrote:
When the topic of creating this website came up on r/LofiHipHop/, the founder of the sight asked for people's opinions on creating the website. I was all for it until he decided to make it a private, members only, type of deal.

I argued that doing so would just breed a circle jerk of douche bags trying to standardize what is and isn't "Lo-Fi Hip-Hop" and well.. Yeah it became what it is now.

This might be a little bit late, but I'm the creator and head moderator of the subreddit (you can verify this by sending me a message on reddit), and I never once wanted to make it private or invite-only. Actually, I only vaguely remember starting a thread for suggestions where I may have asked the community if they'd like it to be private, but I believe the answer was no, so I decidedly didn't make it private and I never have. Any time it's been set to private, it's because I was editing the subreddits CSS to implement major changes, not to make the subreddit some secretive community.

Either way, it isn't a private subreddit now, and I don't think it ever has been for any extended period of time.

Also, in response to your reply to me within that thread, I don't remember any user specifically debating such a topic with me. I may be mistaken, so correct me if I'm wrong please.

I'd like to conclude by saying that I'm up for any changes that can impact our sub positively, and I try to listen to our userbase. Although, you should know that such a niche place like ours is hard to manage (over 10,000 subscribers now, woo!), and we won't be able to make everyone happy.

Where the subreddit has gone has been brought to that point quite organically, and I hope it isn't such a bad place as you imply.

- HexagonHobbes

Hey mang, r/lofihiphop is dope!

This comment was about the website (http://lofi.hiphop/) not the subreddit.

Anyways, welcome to the sp-forums! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 am 

Thumbless wrote:
yall really like calling people fags dontcha?

Actually where I'm from fag is another word for a hipster poser, not so much homosexuality but if the shoe fits... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:07 am 

r4ph431 wrote:
Hey mang, r/lofihiphop is dope!

This comment was about the website (http://lofi.hiphop/) not the subreddit.

Anyways, welcome to the sp-forums! :mrgreen:

Ah, word. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Very happy you enjoy it! :mrgreen:

And thanks for the welcome! Been meaning to come here for over a year, but never got around to it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:22 am 

lofi.hiphop r fagslul :arrow:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 pm 

hisu wrote:

:lol: they really fuckin hate you there
I tried to make an account there to see what was up after they calmed down trying to pimp it out to SPF users and I just got gang-accused of being zendan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:38 pm 

MarcoGrouch wrote:
hisu wrote:

:lol: they really fuckin hate you there
I tried to make an account there to see what was up after they calmed down trying to pimp it out to SPF users and I just got gang-accused of being zendan

i was one of the first 20 users that signed up when bsd.u just made the forum and it was a beta

i actually contributed a lot in helping people solve issues working with their hardware and just explaining production techniques; i wrote like a 2 page article on dynamic range compression

the moderator of the chatroom ( slr )got really butthurt at me bc i told him his mixing sucked and tried to give him some tips and had bsd.u ban me lol

but i was one of the only 2 people on the forum that only used hardware as my workstation so i got singled out a lot i guess and people used to try to put me down and i'd kind of maybe argue back at a couple of em so there were a few that disliked me yeah

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 pm 

Hisu- sorry for the unrelated question but do you have a link or anything to that dynamic range compression stuff you wrote? That's a topic I've been thinking about a lot and could really use some more insight, especially from someone coming at it from an only-hardware perspective like I am. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate you droppin some knowledge!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 pm 

seezesea wrote:
Hisu- sorry for the unrelated question but do you have a link or anything to that dynamic range compression stuff you wrote? That's a topic I've been thinking about a lot and could really use some more insight, especially from someone coming at it from an only-hardware perspective like I am. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd appreciate you droppin some knowledge!

i took it down from their forum before they banned me; i think i have it saved on one of my harddrives. I'll look for it and post it soon! keep an eye out in the production techniques section

IIIII wrote: