It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:47 am

Post subject: 404 SX Starting Tools?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:13 am 

Hey everyone, new to the forums.

I plan on getting a 404 SX in a few weeks and I was wondering what would I need besides the actual machine (cords, sd cards etc.)?

Would appreciate any help, thank you.

Post subject: Re: 404 SX Starting Tools?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 am 

audio interface

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:01 pm 

I would get a couple of 16GB cards, and a decent microphone if you want to record voice or ambient stuff. The onboard mic is not that great. If you want to interface with a computer, you can get the 1/8 mini stereo cable with the stereo RCA jacks on the other end. I have two of those so I can bounce from my iphone to the SP to the computer, whatever...

Get a 1/4 to XLR mic cable and maybe a SM58 or SM57 - cheap but solid mics for all purpose recording.

I also found a lunch bag at Target that was perfect for carrying the SP and all of the cables, mic, cards, etc.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:59 pm 

jetson wrote:
I would get a couple of 16GB cards, and a decent microphone if you want to record voice or ambient stuff. The onboard mic is not that great. If you want to interface with a computer, you can get the 1/8 mini stereo cable with the stereo RCA jacks on the other end. I have two of those so I can bounce from my iphone to the SP to the computer, whatever...

Get a 1/4 to XLR mic cable and maybe a SM58 or SM57 - cheap but solid mics for all purpose recording.

I also found a lunch bag at Target that was perfect for carrying the SP and all of the cables, mic, cards, etc.

Ahhh, excellent! Thank you very much

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:42 am 

TapeGod wrote:
jetson wrote:

Ahhh, excellent! Thank you very much

Haha, I am also beginning to produce myself and I found this thread useful. Thanks!