It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:01 am

Post subject: SP-555 pad bpm sync
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 4:14 pm 

Hey, I'm kinda new to the SP-555, my problem is this:

I just recorded some basic drum samples unto the pads, all recorded in the same bpm.
If I play the samples at the same time, they start drifting off however.
How do I make them sync perfectly?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: SP-555 pad bpm sync
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:49 pm 

im guessing ur just looping them without the sequencer and maybe recording the pads onto the sequencer will help keep them in sync.

i believe you can set the bpm to individual samples but i've never really messed with it just lay stuff out using the resample method or sometimes use the actual sequencer.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:57 pm 

Hey, Thanks for your message. What do you mean, looping without the sequencer? Where is the sequencer and how do I record onto that?

I now just record the samples onto the pads and make sure that they are all in the same bpm, but even though they have the same bpm, they drift off after a couple of rounds.

I tried setting the bpm of individual samples after recording, but that doesn't work either, still everything slightly drifts, you only notice it after maybe 6 rounds of repetition.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:58 pm 

Yo, no offence but even the manual warns about this. They will drift.
You can see why if you think about the audio format. They use CD quality, meaning 44100 Hz sampling, meaning the timewise resolution of a second of audio is 44100 points (called "samples"). BPM´s tend to be around ~1...3 Hz.
So the BPM measurement is much less accurate in this sense, resulting in that samples showing the same BPM have actually differing lenghts if you were to look at the exact lenght in samples (44100 samples = 1 second)...

Sry english is my second language, this is not worded as elegantly as I would like...

The bottom line is you have to use the sequencer or trigger the pads manually. Reading the manual won´t hurt too ;D