It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm

Post subject: *sketch comedy show themed community beat tape?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:55 pm 

so i have an art show coming up at a local coffee shop at the end of April. It will be called 'Sketched Comedy Show' because it will be drawings of my favorite Saturday Night Live cast members. I like the idea of making a mix to go along with the artwork, taping CDs to the back of each piece, using a collage of the portraits as the cover like i did with the Audible Art Show mixes at chopperstapes.bandcamp.com. I'm wondering if any of you would want to help me create that mix by sampling clips from SNL over one of your beats, old or new. The mix would be a free download at chopperstapes.bandcamp.com. Thinking it could be titled 'SP Night Live'
Anyone into it?

Last edited by Chopperman on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Saturday Night Live themed community beat tape?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:29 pm 

Got a few ill cats on board!
Sorry this theme is kind of exclusive from the international homies, this being an American show. All nationalities are more than welcome.. you don't even need to have ever watched the show to sample a few clips from youtube for the tape. There are no rules for the flips btw, other than that the only vocals should be sampled from Saturday Night Live skits.

here's an example of how the artwork and CDs for the show will look, except they will be drawn with pencil instead of ink

Attachments:
aas3 cover small.jpg
aas3 cover small.jpg [ 161.29 KiB | Viewed 6392 times ]
aas3 cds.jpg
aas3 cds.jpg [ 101.04 KiB | Viewed 6392 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:52 pm 

I've never watched the show ever, but I think I'll give it a shot if only for the challenge :D I'm gonna pass something your way the next couple of days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:41 pm 

cool man i'll see what I can cook up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:54 am 

Dope!! That makes 6 of us on board so far. Non-obligatedly, of course.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:29 pm 

Sorry yall but i decided to postpone this series of drawings for later. Some turd stole my phone yesterday and it has me reassessing things in my life, such as the fact that I am torturing myself over drawing for no good reason. I enjoy making music so much more. I still have over 30 pieces left from my last show so I am probably going to use those for my April show, and make the Sketched Comedy Show my next show after that, at the end of october. This will give me enough time to draw whenever i feel like it instead of being forced to think about it every day.

Still haven't received any tracks for the mix, but still intend to have one to go with the drawings. Still will gratefully accept tracks. Just know that the mix won't need to be finished until October.

Now, finally! BACK TO THE BEATS :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:20 am 

your phone got stolen and that makes you reassess life? Its just a phone bro and you are better off without it. I see people getting so hurt over a lost/broken/stolen smart phone. The phone is so intertwined into people's lives now, it's scary actually. People be carrying their phone in a case with their credit cards and all that too. Its absolutely fucking nuts. I have been turned down for jobs because i refuse to use an iphone or any kind of smart phone. Fuck phones mate they are just a path to becoming a zombie or ending up in jail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:13 am 

It was a brand new 600 dollar phone so yes, it made me think a bit deeper than usual. It completely threw a wrench in my day off, which was supposed to be spent drawing, even though I really wanted to be making music. I had a lot of information on the phone so for a while I was worried that the thief might find a way to steal my money, not that I have much. I work for every penny I have so 600 dollars is a pretty serious setback. Plus I know who stole the phone and had to process my rage toward him and finally forgive him, although I will be going to the police about it. I know where the kid used to live, I know his mother and asked her about him. She said he stole from her as well and she would gladly give his info to the police. This is a lot of shit to process so yeah it made me reassess some things. Don't judge me over one sentence man. Thats whats really fucked about this new age. People judging left and right from their high horses.

I just finished writing this post on facebook, by the way

You might roll your eyes at this, but overall I like my $40 smart phone more than the top-of-the-line phone that was stolen from me a couple days ago. I'm not very tech savvy so for me they basically perform the same functions. The downside is the picture quality is not as good, but here are some major upsides..
1) I can easily reach the entire screen with the fingers of the hand that holds it
2) I can put it in the pocket of my windbreaker pants without it pulling them down
3) I don't have to worry about it being lost, dropped or stolen
4) it doesn't have the same magnetic attention pull that the high-end phones are designed for
5) its more my style. My fancy phone was by far the fanciest thing I owned. Much of my stuff is off-brand, from a thrift store, or found on the roadside, and it couldn't bother me less.
Owning a fancy phone when you're not a photographer or a tech freak is like having a big pick-up truck when you never haul anything.

Last edited by Chopperman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:19 am 

Chopperman wrote:
People judging left and right from their high horses.
sorry to be a dick. I'm overly sensitive to condescension

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:30 am 

and is it that much scarier to be attached to our phones than it is to be attached to our SPs? Its all part of mankind becoming one with this new nature of exponentially advancing and integrating technology. Unless you plan on living in the woods 20 years from now, you will be a cyborg just like the rest of us

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:50 am 

Chopperman wrote:
and is it that much scarier to be attached to our phones than it is to be attached to our SPs?

I take that back. That was foolish. SPs don't waste our time or hold our personal information

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:00 pm 

What a bummer for you, go get that asshole! :/ I'll record some for you anyways, already gave it several attempts which led to nothing much but I've got a good stem so far :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:09 pm 

Dope! Thanks Rhua. And it was a bummer for a minute but it worked out fine. I still owe Verizon most of the payment on the phone so I switched to another company so I can avoid that debt for a while.. Maybe forever. Its the beauty of already having worthless credit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:05 pm 

Chopperman wrote:
Dope! Thanks Rhua. And it was a bummer for a minute but it worked out fine. I still owe Verizon most of the payment on the phone so I switched to another company so I can avoid that debt for a while.. Maybe forever. Its the beauty of already having worthless credit.

Cmon man get with Ting!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:11 pm 

might b down. well c what happens