It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 am

Post subject: Chi-City?
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:40 am 

Anyone on the SP forums from Chicago? I always wondered if anyone from the Chi rocks an SP because everyone I know is either using fruity ass hell loops...lol or an MPC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 am 

i'm not from Chi-town but i'm pretty sure that someone rocks an SP in Chcago 8) i've never touch FL or would even know how to use it if i had it, lol, but that just me. there are katz though who can rock FL and make that isht bang. i can respect that...same with mpc'z..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:38 am 

im not from there either,

but thought i would say,

even garageband is better than fruityloops lol

Post subject: Re: Chi-City?
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:06 am 

ZNDK17 wrote:
fruity ass hell loops

LOL Dude as far as computer based production goes I cut my teeth in Fruity 4 (when it was new). Before that it was keyboards and 4-tracks. Fl ain't bad just started out with a really cheesy name and seems to be the first thing wannabe hip-hop producers jump at. I ain't from Chi, I'm bit south. Like North East Arkansas (I fucking hate this state).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:36 am 

Yea I know that alot of people can make some dope shit on FL but I just love the SP's, lol u should def explore the world then and check out a new city like......NYC, Man I always feel like taking a trip to the record stores there, damn....its actually a dream :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:01 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

I don't want to hate on the FL peeps, but one thing they tend to do way too often is use all sorts of presets.... a lot of FL stuff sounds the same because of that, banging or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:39 pm 

Yea I agree phemox, thats what you hear on the radio which sucks, Everyone is so caught up in that ringtone music shit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:32 pm 

ZNDK17 wrote:
u should def explore the world then and check out a new city like......NYC, Man I always feel like taking a trip to the record stores there, damn....its actually a dream :)

Where you livin man? I've done a lot of really good diggin up in the Bay... Amoeba and Rasputin rep hard on the vinyl side of things. Also gotta shout out the LA Amoeba. Now that I'm further south that is the best digging mission goin. But those are also some big ass mainstream stores. The crates only get so dusty...

On the FL tip, watching some homies get down with that program is what first turned me onto making beats. Reason was the first app I got my hands dirty in though... and while I've since moved away from computer based production, I gotta say that's a pretty sick program.

shout out for the illmatic cover. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 pm 

sup man, Im from the north side of Chicago....Im sure u got some nice spots to dig. Yea FL can prob be cool but I love pushing buttons lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:14 am 

im not from chicago, but i have a friend that used to live in saint louis. i think thats not super far from you. a few hours. anyways if you are ever in stl there is this amazing record store thats in an old public library. huge and dusty. you could spend all day there with a portable table and still not get through half of the stuff. when i went there they had tons of boxes full of records all over the place that they simply didn't have room to sort through and put out on shelves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:36 am 

Serious? Where at dude, im actually gonna go see the Cubs and Cards there