It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:22 am

Post subject: Game Programming and other applications for your muisc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:26 pm 

I was just curious to see if any of you all do other multimedia stuff/have found ways to incorporate your music. I've gotten into programming and art as well and have worked my music into virtual pinball games for play on regular computers or virtual pinball cabinets that people build. Here's an example of a recent work in progress: Ghouls 'N Ghosts Pinball based on the classic Capcom arcade game. I'm going to be remixing the music and am in the process of coding the modes, etc for it.

What creative strategies have you used to share your music with the masses? let us know :)

Attachments:
update2-28-15.png
update2-28-15.png [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 2046 times ]

Post subject: Re: Game Programming and other applications for your muisc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:17 pm 
Awesome Member

nice man - i wish i could do better on computers sometimes...
maybe a raspberry would be a good learning process...?!

not exactly spreading my music with this but i'm building little portable speakers (now with bluetooth) out of 70's cassette cases...

(yellow one is a radio...)

been thinking of making it a price for a tourney but i can't give em away for free... components are about 50€

Post subject: Re: Game Programming and other applications for your muisc
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:32 pm 

A majority of my friends are movie-makers and such so I actually spend a fair chunk of my free time recording foley effects and audio cues. I work with a smaller production crew regularly as their main audio engineer, with them I'm recording all the voice-overs/dialogue (and everything else that's wanted) from the ground up.

Outside of that, when I was making music with just an OP-1, I had a lot of stuff end up in a video game. I forget the name of it now but it is a 2D/3D platformer/puzzle game. I'll find it and post a link for the demo. lolz

Audio-for-video has been a huge passion of mine for a long time, but being a working drummer hasn't really allowed me time enough to figure out the video production side for myself so these collaborations are always enlightening for me to be part of!

I would LOVE a real-life Ghouls & Ghosts pinball machine. /wetdreamENGAGE
Those speakers are also serious business! Been looking for something like this for a while for portability (when tracking on the road). Might be sending you a PM soon, my man.