It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:48 am

Post subject: Rocbattle.com...Sucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:59 pm 

Ok so I was always curious 2 know what rocbattle was all about and I joined and tossed in 4 beats so I did 4 battles. It looks like im gonna get a 3-1 record but what im trying to get at is this...Rocbattle has alot of good producers but all those cats just use alot of daw which I personally think it takes everything u can think of, out of it. I mean we have producers in here like mostblundted and juxt who put skills and soul into their work and then u have guys at rocbattle who drag and drop shit....nothing big but just wanted 2 let u guys know what I think of that, so stay fresh and original.... I judged alot of battles and I mean, damn they all basically sound the same with the same kicks,snares,synths I mean its robotic shit anyways...peace http://www.myspace.com/stackowax17

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:53 pm 

i know people who have gotten MPCs just to have the pads to bang on then all i hear is boom boom bap with the MPC quantize on. shit is ridiculous.

i think having less/limited gear FORCES you to be more innovative in your work. i also enjoy making beats a lot but when i use a computer a lot of the fun factor is gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:06 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

word, this SP community is the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:36 pm 
Awesome Member

Word man!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:36 am 

yea man I agree with all of u guys, I mean when I 1st got the Sp 404 I was like ok so I got it but the MPC 1000 is were its at. Now Im like damn I got the 404 and its the best investment Ive made. I was gonna actually get the 1000 but Im so glad I got the 404. Yea I mean I 1st bought FL and I used it for 1 day and that was it, it sucked cuz I felt like everything on tere was not real to me and the 404 makes u think real hard and its limited which makes u think outside the box

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:54 am 

juxt wrote:
word, this SP community is the best.

Last edited by mostblunted on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Beat sites
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:59 pm 

Is it just me or are there a jillion "sell your beat" sites/ "Get discovered" sites- Luda has a new one now. It's almost as if a whole industry has formed around 'helping' others get into the industry. That pay-to join, auto deduct from your CC style site- cyber networking/cashing in on others dreams-
After (perhaps) using a computer to track, record & mix stuff all day & night- who really wants to sit on the computer again to network it- joining all these weird sites that will probably be gonzo in a matter of years.
Get out, play shows, make CDs- talk to DJs, etc etc.. save the networking sites for hooking up with mamas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:50 pm 

Yeah I agree with MostBlunted cuz I mean Ive been listening to hip hop since the 8th grade and I barely started producing, I mean I think ive had the sp for thirty somethng days and I got friends that keep thinking there real good with their FL but I mean uts unoriginal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:33 am 

Not to sound corny or anything? but Fl is just like anything else. For a year straight thats all I used, that an a turntable an mixer. But its just like using a sp, you gotta put what you can into it, little as that may be. And fuck all them preset using wack fl users. You gotta find your own ways to make it sound raw.

"if hip hop is soooo soooo soooo diverse now why the fuck cant i find it?" - Niq Names

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:56 am 
Awesome Member

i agree with thiel on this one. i got homies who make some ill tracks n if they never said what they used people would swear its probably a mpc track or even a sonar, cubase type beat. its all about proper mixing n learning the fx's like da back of your hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:10 am 

zealtha1 wrote:
i agree with thiel on this one. i got homies who make some ill tracks n if they never said what they used people would swear its probably a mpc track or even a sonar, cubase type beat. its all about proper mixing n learning the fx's like da back of your hand.
word.

"if hip hop is soooo soooo soooo diverse now why the fuck cant i find it?" - Niq Names

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:50 pm 

i've been usin acid pro to make beats for a while. but after seeing one of my friends rock out on a 303, i felt like i was robbing myself. acid was dumb-easy compared to the 404 i just got. in acid i would sit down, hit random in my itunes for a sample, make a beat in like 10 minutes, and move on.

now, with the 404, its forcing me to really get into a song to make it complete. although its frustrating when im on the 404 and i think "i coulda done this in 2 seconds in acid", i love it. the sounds i get are much better, and i enjoy running thro records and comin out wit some original drums, rather than premade drumkits. ::tears up:: i love the sp!

Post subject: Re: Rocbattle.com...Sucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm 

ZNDK17 wrote:
but all those cats just use alot of daw which I personally think it takes everything u can think of, out of it. I mean we have producers in here like mostblundted and juxt who put skills and soul into their work and then u have guys at rocbattle who drag and drop shit..

starin at a pc hurts my eyes thas why i use the sp, but ur kiddin urself if u think it dont take skill to make heat on a computer. Its all about talent, dont matter what u use

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:09 pm 
Awesome Member

agreed 8)

Post subject: Re: Rocbattle.com...Sucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Quote:
starin at a pc hurts my eyes thas why i use the sp, but ur kiddin urself if u think it dont take skill to make heat on a computer. Its all about talent, dont matter what u use

I don't think the rant here really was about skill or talent, but more about creativity. That's probably a talent too to some extent and I'm not saying people with FL can't ever be creative, that's not it... but it seems some if not most FL users aren't even really trying to be creative...

I think that is what's making rocbattle.com crappy or at least not as 'amazing' as it could have been.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox