It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post here when you get new gear
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:15 am 

ウルトラ wrote:
new 404 , jumped on like i run the place, should be interesting to finally have full sequencer resample abilities,

still have the 606 standing by to sample long samples,fx , chop/mutegroup but the function button is burning out, so i will switch the power horse over to 404 where she will handle all strategic operations while the 202 and sample track will administrate and execute covert operations. 404 bounces to the 202 in hifi with batteries. 64 mb card for the 202, almost 1 minute hifi stereo with the card.

wait, 404 to 202? in hifi? what would be the benefit to that, using its effects?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:13 am 

the benefit of the 202 stereo hifi is you dont lose much quality, and it colors your sound real solid man a little bit of a retro hum hiss , its kinda good for mastering too. but 1 song at a time, the lofi modes retain a bit of punch , but i usually wont resample a whole song in lofi, i use lofi for saving space on the internal banks,
ps on the card you can only play 1 song at a time,

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:21 am 
Winner of Silver Medal
Winner of Silver Medal

Got a turntable yesterday. Nothing special, but now I can expand beyond digging for cassettes. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:09 am 

Bought a Citronic Minimix 2 at the weekend to replace my old mixer and to use it's USB outputs to hook it up to my Mac, unfortunately it's output is so low it makes it unusable so it will be getting returned.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:21 pm 

picked up an alpha juno from someone, needs a power cord tho

bandcamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am 

hseiken wrote:
Got a turntable yesterday. Nothing special, but now I can expand beyond digging for cassettes. :)

and i just picked up an old tape deck to go with my sl1200

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:17 am 

got these recently
a tascam 424mk 2, has a really nice raw sound to it get one if you see one going cheap. has a nice sounding mixer even if your not recording to tape. loads of connections and a cool pitch knob (tape motor speed)

and i also got a tascam dr 05, i got it for mobile recording samples (has great sounding stereo condensers) and for recording through the line in so i dont need to turn the computer on. ive been also been recording the 424 through it. it can record up to 24/96 wav or as a 320 mp3 then just drag the track off over usb

Attachments:
Tascam_PortaStudio_424_MKII_crop.jpg
Tascam_PortaStudio_424_MKII_crop.jpg [ 544.7 KiB | Viewed 5395 times ]
Tascam_DR_05_DR_05_Portable_Handheld_Digital_757065.jpg
Tascam_DR_05_DR_05_Portable_Handheld_Digital_757065.jpg [ 11.98 KiB | Viewed 5395 times ]

http://spinxytunes.bandcamp.com/album/n ... -beat-tape
New album!:
http://www.braincast.bandcamp.com
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:19 pm 

got a volca keys. Pretty awesome for thick analog synthbass lines. Thinking of getting the Volca beat since I found that snare mod( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P3bmype2c0). It makes the snare almost sound like an 808! Like most people, the snare is big downer. But with this mod, it's making it an awesome cheap analog drum machine.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:04 pm 

soopington wrote:
if you can, get a behringer bcr 2000 controller. you can set it to control almost every parameter of the alpha juno. makes editing sounds a lot easier and more fun. power cable would be cool too :) the alpha juno is a beast!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 pm 

squ!L wrote:
soopington wrote:
if you can, get a behringer bcr 2000 controller. you can set it to control almost every parameter of the alpha juno. makes editing sounds a lot easier and more fun. power cable would be cool too :) the alpha juno is a beast!

i bought the bcr2000 to control via sysex some mc909 parameters, i still didn't use it to control tx81z, oberheim matrix1000 and jv1080 (via sysex the first 2 and via CC/sysex the last one), gonna do it soon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:56 pm 

ellaguru wrote:
squ!L wrote:
soopington wrote:

i bought the bcr2000 to control via sysex some mc909 parameters, i still didn't use it to control tx81z, oberheim matrix1000 and jv1080 (via sysex the first 2 and via CC/sysex the last one), gonna do it soon

I may have to look into that. I've been wondering about the lack of controls (knobs) and programming

bandcamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:55 pm 

http://youtu.be/lAg-eJPY-2w

ughhhhhhhhhhhh just got my first 303 but the RCAs already ded =(

EDIT: they worked fine when I checked it out at the guy's place and it had a really soft ride home in my lap, at guy's setup it didn't look like he used the RCAs at all so it was probably their time to go a long time ago but due to not using them they never cracked until I plugged in to test them

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:08 pm 

MarcoGrouch wrote:
http://youtu.be/lAg-eJPY-2w

ughhhhhhhhhhhh just got my first 303 but the RCAs already ded =(

EDIT: they worked fine when I checked it out at the guy's place and it had a really soft ride home in my lap, at guy's setup it didn't look like he used the RCAs at all so it was probably their time to go a long time ago but due to not using them they never cracked until I plugged in to test them

That's like a huge kick in the junk.... :(

Are you gonna pay to fix it or just use the mic in/headphone outs instead?
I wish I had the patience and skill to learn to solder. I've got a tech1200 and a sampletrak that both need RCAs repaired.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:43 pm 

formal wrote:

I wish I had the patience and skill to learn to solder. I've got a tech1200 and a sampletrak that both need RCAs repaired.

found a semi-close boss/roland authorized service center, it seems like they're mostly geared towards boss' guitar pedals but I shot over a quick email asking if they could fix up some cracked contacts on an old 303 and how much it would cost

if they either can't do it or it costs way too much I guess I'll risk trying to do it myself, if my hands are shaking too much I could probably ask my sister for help, I'm really not too keen on daisy chaining several different adapters just to go into the headphone + mic jacks but I might have to do that for a bit

Really want to try out a Sampletrak keep hearing that it's the best but it sucks when people post up they find em for cheap and then ebay listings are at 200. How is it? Sucks that your RCAs got junked though

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:22 pm 

MarcoGrouch wrote:
formal wrote:

found a semi-close boss/roland authorized service center, it seems like they're mostly geared towards boss' guitar pedals but I shot over a quick email asking if they could fix up some cracked contacts on an old 303 and how much it would cost

if they either can't do it or it costs way too much I guess I'll risk trying to do it myself, if my hands are shaking too much I could probably ask my sister for help, I'm really not too keen on daisy chaining several different adapters just to go into the headphone + mic jacks but I might have to do that for a bit

Really want to try out a Sampletrak keep hearing that it's the best but it sucks when people post up they find em for cheap and then ebay listings are at 200. How is it? Sucks that your RCAs got junked though

Let me know how much they charge to fix your RCAs....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next