It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post here when you get new gear
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 pm 

Korg Electribe ES1 $55 pawn shop score. Came with a 64mb SM card too :)

Sorry for the large image....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:14 am 

What a score for that price in that condition. You'd have been crazy not to cop it!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:49 pm 

formal wrote:
Let me know how much they charge to fix your RCAs....

Welp..

The Roland Boss certified repair shop never got back to me.
I cracked open the little guy and all the connections on the bottom look good. This leads me to the conclusion that something inside the RCA shell has broken and I'd have to unsolder the whole thing just to get it off the board and open it up... I am not feeling that spry.

The up-side to this is that I didn't accidentally break anything more and I can still daisy-chain it to my 404SX with the mic and phone ports.

Looks like someone went super retarded on the ribbon cables with some wood glue or something. Just gonna have to keep hoping it lives on and make as much use of it as possible before it fries or something. Even with my 202 and 404SX I don't think I could live without it... it's hard to explain its sound but it's just different from the full 202 sludge, I've only experimented with a few things but certain things on the box just sound fucking crazy [and I don't even mean the Vinyl Sim I still haven't really gotten something I like out of it yet]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:22 pm 

new dr 202,dr groove. doesnt work very good untill i fix the first few drum pads to make them more responsive.

Attachments:
dfgdehkm.JPG
dfgdehkm.JPG [ 182.57 KiB | Viewed 5800 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 pm 

just added the 202 to the family a few weeks back :D
she is very much loved and i am taking good care of her

special guests: clearance new age vinyl, sony tc dm and the trusty fo oh fo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 am 

And is that a cassingle I spot? I got the split with creme in the mail today, listening to it now, good stuff!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:22 pm 

false tropics wrote:
a cassingle I spot?

yes! but I'm recording over it :(

false tropics wrote:
I got the split with creme in the mail today, listening to it now, good stuff!

:D thanks man, im glad you feelin it

ウルトラ: how's the DR202? any cool secrets or distinct features not visible to somebody who's just seen videos online of it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:50 am 

Just picked up a Fostex x-18 4 track for $43 w/ shipping.
Can't wait to get my hands dirty.

Making a track now where I spit the lyrics (using headphones as a mic mind you) first and then building the drums around the rhymes.

Freestyle. Off the cuff stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:01 pm 
Winner of Silver Medal
Winner of Silver Medal

I picked up one of these mystery machines this week...and holy shit can this thing get down and dirty...

This piece of kit seems to have just slept on by everyone except some german hardtek guys...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:30 pm 

hseiken wrote:
I picked up one of these mystery machines this week...and holy shit can this thing get down and dirty...
This piece of kit seems to have just slept on by everyone except some german hardtek guys...

man, i got it since one year (250euro, coudn't say no)...it takes many dust...i don't get its way to treat samples, this workflow is crazy for me...if you find out some convenient workflow on how to save/use samples on the RS, gimme a pm please...other than that the sequencer seems a beast...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:40 pm 
Winner of Silver Medal
Winner of Silver Medal

ellaguru wrote:
man, i got it since one year (250euro, coudn't say no)...it takes many dust...i don't get its way to treat samples, this workflow is crazy for me...if you find out some convenient workflow on how to save/use samples on the RS, gimme a pm please...other than that the sequencer seems a beast...

Yeah, it does handle samples kinda strange compared to devices that are primarily samplers (like ASR-X) but so far, I'm enjoying how tunes are put together on this thing. If nothing else, it makes a great control center for other gear.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:09 am 

RS7000! Rare gear, HS, good score! Only time I've seen one was supporting Spoonbill back in '09- he had Ableton clip launching sequences in RS (no sound out of the laptop). Pretty sure he said he gigs it that way so he couldn't stuff up the sequencer when changing all his parameters mid song (that man loves to glitch).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:41 am 

[GEE WEAVER]
Sorry missed your question .

Yeah the 202 is gnarley, not worth more then 80 buckz cause you can just download the packs from the net. However, you wont get the cool effects such as flanger, reverb and delay. Also the roll function is fricken cool, there is tons of presets for roll that do all sorts of things for fills and space noises, one cool trick I learned with the flanger is turn it 5 o'clock. Ok now sample it into the sp505 or sp606. Tap the drum sound , then chop it up, this will give you an awesome assortment of cool flanged drums to sequence , it is like trip hop or something. The basses and you can turn them into bleeps and beeps if you pitch up the octaves. Some of the drum n bass patterns are good if you need to make something on the fly. I plugged the DR202 in the Monotron delay. It was a neat combo with those preset patterns. I stopped the sequencer then did a drum roll with for a fill, for a variation sequence I did a slide on the monotron for the fill, anyway it is a little bit dated and might disapoint you if you are used to modern drum machines,I made a song Sampled seqeuncer into the 404 with distortion and DJ fx Looper. Then I played some 303 style synth lines over it with dr 202 filter hand modulations and distortion. Waaay awesome dude. I got mine for 80 bucks and some of the pads were bunk, so I fixed them with some aluminum tape. PS this will fix all SP bad pads.

Have a good day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:47 am 

Got a vestax handy trax from my awesome fiance for Christmas, this has revolutionized music in my kitchen! Been on a vinyl binge all weekend :-)

http://www.skinnyb.bandcamp.com

My podcast www.soundcloud.com/scratchthesurface-1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:01 pm 

stupidgurner wrote:
Got a vestax handy trax from my awesome fiance for Christmas, this has revolutionized music in my kitchen! Been on a vinyl binge all weekend :-)

NICE!! I almost picked up a Numark PT01 at Guitar Center during black Friday. They had them on sale for $49 :)
All my friends have small portable turntables and I'm always jealous how they don't have to lug 25pounds each time they wanna sample in a different room. Kitchen beats are always best since you're closest to beer and food!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next