It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:42 am

Post subject: first person you've seen perform?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:55 am 

i just went to my first show last night... well it was a showcase, and being in new york where apparently its cool to sound like everyone else rapping, there was so much no talent rappers on stage. but i really only went for one reason: Joell Ortiz. my boy has seen him and said he's got a great show. when he performed, that shit made my night. I gave him daps before he performed, cool cat. I felt the presence of Pun in the room when he rhymed over Twinz man, it was ill to me.... what was your first show you've seen and what was the best?

I forgot to mention, Pain In Da Ass was there too. For those of you who don't know, he's the guy who did the skits on Jay-Z's albums "OK! IM RELOADED!". He did the skits and hosted the show. Saw him backstage he was short as hell lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:02 am 

Joell Ortiz is one of the few NY emcees worth checking for these days. i'd definitely be keen to see him play

the first show i attended was back in 1996...i went to see House of Pain, Naughty By Nature and Coolio. i was attending mainly for NBN, but for a 13 year old the whole experience was amazing. me and my mate were the little dudes out of our depth, surrounded by intimidating homies :)

first rave i went to was an Infected Mushroom show a few years ago. definitely a (third) eye-opener.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:54 am 

First hip-hop show was Cypress Hill many years back. Twas pretty bloody cool - although I too was intimidated by the homies!

First Rave was an Every Picture Tells A Story. When you first see the rave scene it's very much a case of.... oh.my.god. ..... hehe

First (and last) Rock concert was Metallica. Very Loud, but not in a good way :lol:
...the rock crowd try to look intimidating too, but skin-tight jeans and long hair don't look scary to me :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:08 am 
303 Award Winner '09

First Hip Hop show was the Wu-Tang Clan in San Francisco. We smoked blunts all through the show and afterwards got to have our pictures taken with Ghostface. Before the show we had meet a cab and told him to meet us after the show and we smoked him out while we were driving over the bay bridge and he ended up only charging us $20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:11 am 

i saw chuck d and the beasties in NY at the free tibet show. plus biz markie, de la soul, oh yeah and tribe called quest. to be real chuck d just read a poem and opened 4 the biz, no lie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:09 am 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

not a big fan of shows. Too crowded and too loud for me. Being on stage is more my steez 8)

the first shows Ive seen where small shows with local MCs and DJs. I saw my first show with big names a couple years ago at CBGBs- Ill bill, mr hyde, sabac red, q-unique, vinny paz, and more- on stage at the same time

The best show i went to there was a fight toward the end and most the crowed left and OC (of ditc) was next to preform. I actually got to listen to the classic shit without being locked into 1 square foot of space.

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

My first show was the Fugees. Really awesome experience. Although Wyclef is getting a bit too much mainstream for my likings nowadays he does some really original stuff. Great artist and an awesome rapper.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:47 pm 

my first show was Mars Ill and Binkis Recs in I think 03' b4 that I just went to alot of parties.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:52 pm 

My first show was Wycleff Jean by himself. I was like 12 at the time. I thought that shit was mad dope. He played with a live band, and it was ill at the time. Like PHeMox said, I'm not really checking for him anymore, but I enjoyed that shit back then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:29 am 

Public Enemy and RUN DMC, a few centuries ago.