It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:01 pm

Post subject: variations on a theme
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:41 am 
Awesome Member

ok here's the thing. i really like the basic theme. but repeating anything for three minutes gets old, so i tried some variations. some hit, some miss. still, an interesting thought i wanted to get down.

http://files-upload.com/files/490275/variations.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:21 am 

my internet is kinda shitty, so while downloading the song, it cut out. so i only have like 1 minute and 32 seconds of it. i think this is cool. not crazy about the pattern, i really dont knwo what to give feedback on. keep experimenting though, homie!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:47 pm 

I dug that. I think it could use a little something more. Maybe something in the perc. section... I dunno thats just me. Definately works as a minimalist piece.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:29 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

i fink i can see where you are going with this. my recommendation would be to think about the sounds yr playing w/. for instance, there are no bass frequencies that i could hear (could be the headphones i guess). also, the stacato 'bell' part may change rhythm, but the timbre stays the same - why not throw a long sweeping filter on that beeyotch? and you could consider how stripped down you can make this joint...drop everyfing out, play w/ dynamix, see what happens...you know?
good work - keep it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:34 pm 
Awesome Member

fauna wrote:
i fink i can see where you are going with this. my recommendation would be to think about the sounds yr playing w/. for instance, there are no bass frequencies that i could hear (could be the headphones i guess). also, the stacato 'bell' part may change rhythm, but the timbre stays the same - why not throw a long sweeping filter on that beeyotch? and you could consider how stripped down you can make this joint...drop everyfing out, play w/ dynamix, see what happens...you know?
good work - keep it up.

good feedback friend.