It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:55 pm 
505 Award Winner '09

nicely niced, sixohsix. i'm not so into the 4-on-the-floor style of techno, but i like what you've done and like others have said, the production is solid. plus, it makes me appreciate having friends. heh.

i was wondering if you were working with patterns, or from loops on single pads - if you know what i'm saying. i donno if the 606 works just like the 404, but i'm curious about how you constructed the samples / loops versus patterns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:32 pm 

I've always worked with loops, however, I generally make my own loops from patterns rather than sampling them. So I sample myself, really.

To create subtle variation, I simply make three or four versions of each loop, so that I can vary things while still keeping it simple. This makes converting a track into a 'live-ready' piece is an easier task too.

Long vocal samples, like the one in this track, are simply assigned to a pad and played over the top of the song. The vocal is rarely stretched - I make the song fit the vocal rather than the other way around.

It's a pretty basic, but tried and true, process. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:59 pm 

dope track bro!!....Skit goes really well wit the track..I dont really dig house but, it dope ass rave type track!!.....Was that all done on the 606???
Keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:49 pm 

606 for the sounds and Pattern Sequencing. Computer to edit audio to an infinite level (Soundforge) and to add the odd special effect (vimestretched vocals). Nothing is ever 'all in the box' for me - I actually prefer working with computers, but I NEED the 606 for its fat sound!