It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 pm

Post subject: Please give feedback.......1st track made
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:16 pm 

Hey whats up everyone....I made this track using a vocal sample line from a song that I have on record this is a 60 sec clip of the beginning and the hook.....Im having a problem getting a crisp drum roll.......Check it out and let me know if theres anything I can do to make it sound better.......Thanx for listenin

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 59592&q=hi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:39 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

I'm not really a fan of that style track personally, but the production sounds pretty solid, it doesn't sound like it was made on an sp, more like an mpc sound in the arrangement just a guess though. As far as a crisp drumroll I'm afraid I don't exactly know what you mean, you could try laying down the beat with kicks and snares then go back in with the quantize off and place a snare roll that you sampled from a break in where ever it sounds right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:36 am 

yea i made it on the sp....what i mean by cleaning up the drum roll......Is there a way you can lay down the snair in like a sequence....because I did all that live in realtime recording. so it actually isnt on time like i want it to be......i tried the step seq recording but really dont know how to use it.......could someone give some detailed information on using it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:31 am 

Hey tweek nice first effort - keep it up. I'm not into hip-hop but it sounds like hip-hop so you must be on the right track :)

As for snare-builds, you are using the 606 no? If so, why not hook up the p606 software to do it? For a task like making a snare roll, it's perfectly suited - just paint in your snare hits and let it run; use a filter to create the 'build' effect. Then you can just use EXT SEQ SAMPLING to get it on the SP. Couldn't be easier than that! Better than just sampling one off someone else too :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:30 pm 

hey for some reason its not working for me, if you could maybe link me to the soundclick i'd listen and give some feedback, although i dont get deep into it like others might

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:10 pm 

here check one of these out

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 67985&q=lo

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 67985&q=hi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:55 pm 

beat is cool. not really something i listen to but for a first effort its pretty good. keep at it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:10 pm 

Pretty nice start man. The percussion stuff that comes in around 1 min sounds a bit loud. The vocal sample seems a little too dirty or maybe pitched too low. All in all its a good start on a song and an even better first try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:24 pm 

Thanx for the feedback guys......Its well appreciated...i'll be posting another track pretty soon