It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 am

Post subject: Uncut Raw on okayplayer.com
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:20 pm 

Whatup.....Just posting the blog that was written bout the cd i did wit my dude Fluent....UNCUT RAW- FIRST TOKE.......any 1 who is into lofi gutter hip hop that sounds like its from a cassette....CHECK FOR IT @ www.myspace.com/uncutraw42

any way heres the write up

"Comprised of emcees/producers Fluent and Selfish, Uncut Raw claims both Akron, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois as their home-territory. Their debut album, a 26-track patchwork of dusty (and dusted) Hip-Hop titled First Toke, is out now on the independent Green Llama Records. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it's the kind of album (like Enta Da Stage, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Funcrusherplus, and Operation: Doomsday) that comes along every now-and-again to remind me of exactly what I love about Hip-Hop, offering assurances that no matter what happens, real, raw, dirty-sounding, sample-based Hip-Hop can't ever die. When I put a track from First Toke on a recent podcast I described it as "under-under-underground, super-duper Indie-Rap, backpack craziness" and "gutter, basement, recorded-in-the-bathroom Rap." If you're a fan of the beatmaking aesthetic and lyrical styling of classic Wu Tang Clan, early MF Doom, Dilla's Stones Throw output, and Madlib at his dustiest, you need the tapedeck-era throwback-Rap of Uncut Raw's First Toke."

Cd's are still available on our myspace page

www.myspace.com/uncutraw42

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:16 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

cool shit. I wanna hear the rest of the tracks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:07 pm 

thanks for sending 727.. im just setting up my paypal joint so i'll be able to order a copy of the album monday or so.. ill shit man i cant wait to hear the whole thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:07 am 

yo i just hit Fluent with the cash he said hes shipping First Toke and The Antique Black sometime tomorrow... im no good with reviews but ill try to do a real ghetto one for you heads to see lol

"cause you might get [clapped], get your wig pushed back"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:25 am 

Thank you sir.....glad u caught that line BTW.........SOOPA!!!! hope u enjoy the cds. peace :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:55 pm 

ayo i just got the cds in the mail today with a poster
city slick had some cracks in the cases (jus so know if you ever mail out cds to future supporters)
ima listen to Uncut Raw right now and then give it a lil review, im actually excited.. when the funk was i last excited about hearing a cd? i dont know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:56 pm 

oh and by the way, these look really professional

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 pm 

soopa wrote:
ayo i just got the cds in the mail today with a poster
city slick had some cracks in the cases (jus so know if you ever mail out cds to future supporters)
ima listen to Uncut Raw right now and then give it a lil review, im actually excited.. when the funk was i last excited about hearing a cd? i dont know

i didnt mail out the city slick like that, someone dropped it i guess..i'll send you another one though. thanks for copping

www.myspace.com/uncutraw42

www.myspace.com/thecityslick

BUMP THAT RAW SHIT!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:15 pm 

Mini review of Uncut Raw = GREAT ALBUM! For those of you that didn't cop it, cop it. Have no money? Rob your mother's purse, trust me, God will forgive you. Album is just fun to listen to and just really ill. Even though this is a production forum and people here mostly drool over beats, Selfish is definitely a dope emcee and holds his own on this joint. Fluent got beats too!! A album you can listen to straight through, even the interlude is funny. "No, you shut the fuck up". Self got sonned lol.

Yo guys... cop this and you won't regret it. $15 for this album and the City Slick album. Definitely worth the money.

Oh and welcome to the boards Fluent lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:16 pm 

Glad you feelin it....thanks for letting these heads know.