It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

Post subject: Best Interface for SP404?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:38 pm 

Looking to get some speakers & a interface for monitoring what’s the best options & what works for you? Thanks to anyone who replies

Post subject: Re: Best Interface for SP404?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:53 pm 

Dunno what you refer to by 'interface' (SP is totally standalone, practically everything can be done on it without the use of DAW), but if you mean production software + sound card, go with any you like :)

Speakers are a bit of a different issue though. How big is your room? Do you want to make a studio only environment, or listening / partying as well? What's your budget?

For example, I'm using KRK rockit 5's, can't beat them in that price range for sure, plus they sound good enough for partying as well. I also have Kurzweil Ks40a (cheap, but pretty efficient), and Adam A5x, I also have a great 5.1 system I'd recommend to anyone (genius sw-hf 6000), and sennheiser HD25 and AKG K44 headphones.

Besides those Adam's, which are around 420$ a piece here, it's a decent settup not that expensive even.
You could easily go away with just the KRK's or similar price range speakers, decent headphones (like Audio-Technica m50x), solid soundcard and a PC with a software of your choosing. That last part, sadly, is only up to you - which ones suit your style and /or work flow.

For example, I HATE ABLETON LIVE. There I said it.
I know it's one of the best, if not THE best software, especially in live situations, but I never got used to it. I'm almost 39. Time stopped with Cubase and Studio one live for me :D