It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:05 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: you know what's funny as fuck??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:52 am 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
forest wrote:
Danswift wrote:
SUPER DYNAMITE NINJA wrote:

A TRUE NINJA WORRIES NOT ABOUT WHO BENEFITS FROM THE SLICE OF THE KATANA. AS LONG AS YOU KILL WITH YOUR SP AND EVERY ATTACK IS FROM THE SOUL OF YOUR NINJA HEART.

Cool.. Thanks for clearing that one up...

Tbh... I think Ninja was on point. Like... just do your shit, take care of what you like the way you can and make friends in the process lol.

Yo, Forest.

It was a joke response and I understood perfectly what Ninja was saying there..

Obviously, you don't know this but I've been in this game a long time and have also been teaching, supporting and encouraging heads to go and do their own thing for the last 30 years now.

Apologies if it came across as otherwise.

Peace to all.

Dan.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:40 am 

Teddyp wrote:
The links arent working.. seems like i missed my oppurtunity to hear/jack the most legendary 303 beats of all time... seriously tho it is super wack to steal other peoples beats... as an artist you have to be a psychopath to be proud of artwork that has ur name on it but you didnt create... didnt even remix it just straight jacked it... also if you are claiming to be a major innovator but really all you are doing are things that have been done for decades , thats pretty wack too... 10cc recorded themselves singing multiple octaves of vocally sung notes on individual tape reels and used their old school mixing board to create chord voicings basically making their own personal mellotron... brian eno and david byrne physically spliced together different pieces of tape reels to make one of the most legendary sample albums ever... a 303 is way closer to automatically programming ur drums in FL studios than you would think. The key to making music (for me anyways) is having no desire to get notoriety or money or fame from it. Just make it.. if someone is soulless enough to steal ur shit thats on them/ if you are good enough to have someone steal ur shit and you really do care about what others think... take some comfort in knowing people wanna rap on ur shit. This thread is great

being a guy that has made beats in fl for 6 years and beats on sp for 3 years i can tell you it's entirely different workflow

point and click interface on a screen is a completely different world than a piece of equipment with a few buttons, knobs, and a "value" monitor.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:41 am 

SUPER DYNAMITE NINJA wrote:

A TRUE NINJA WORRIES NOT ABOUT WHO BENEFITS FROM THE SLICE OF THE KATANA. AS LONG AS YOU KILL WITH YOUR SP AND EVERY ATTACK IS FROM THE SOUL OF YOUR NINJA HEART.

DUDE. BRO. BLESSINGS.

<3 u

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:59 am 

I think you might be missing my point... although i feel like if youve been making beats for 6 years you would understand that Any kind of sampler machine or digital software editing takes 99% of the work out of making sample based music.. dj’s used to have to physically queue up shit.. i think i heard dibiase used to use the tape recorder on his boombox to time in sounds and make beats when he was first starting out

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:22 am 

Teddyp wrote:
I think you might be missing my point... although i feel like if youve been making beats for 6 years you would understand that Any kind of sampler machine or digital software editing takes 99% of the work out of making sample based music.. dj’s used to have to physically queue up shit.. i think i heard dibiase used to use the tape recorder on his boombox to time in sounds and make beats when he was first starting out

um nah people have been using samplers since the 80s
you don't know what you're talking about

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 am 

Teddy P .. i believe youre referring to the stop start - pause tape method

.. gotta disagree on the 99% part though . it takes kill to sample properly .especially outside of a DAW

Last edited by THEGREAT on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:12 am 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:27 am 

People have actually been using samplers way before the 1980's, Zendan.

A guy named Bruce Haak built a digital sampler in 1967 and which was also demonstrated on an American TV show called 'Mr Rogers Neighbourhood' in the same year.

It was a home made synthesizer device included a built-in sampler which recorded, stored, played back and looped sounds controlled by switches, light sensors and human skin contact.

Also,some of the earliest digital sampling was done on the EMS Musys system, developed by Peter Grogono (software), David Cockerell (hardware and interfacing) and Peter Zinovieff (system design and operation) at their London Studio in 1969. The system ran on two mini-computers, Digital Equipment PDP-8's. These had a pair of fast D/A and A/D converters, 12,000 (12k) bytes of core memory (RAM), backed up by a hard drive of 32k and by tape storage

EMS equipment was used to control the world's first digital studio 'EMS London' and their earliest digital sampling was done on that system during 1971-1972 for Harrison Birtwistle's "Chronometer" released in 1975.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:32 am 

Quote:

Yo, Forest.

It was a joke response and I understood perfectly what Ninja was saying there..

Obviously, you don't know this but I've been in this game a long time and have also been teaching, supporting and encouraging heads to go and do their own thing for the last 30 years now.

Apologies if it came across as otherwise.

Peace to all.

Dan.

Oh, it all cool, man. I'm just chatting, not trying to be part of the arguing thing at all hahahaha. I'm sampling some old fighting games since I have this need to put a tape of these things before moving into sampling myself; Ninja's words just reverberated with what I'm doing (all the swords sounds and stuff lol).

And wow, these 30 years thing is amazing, man. Do you have any place that you put your stuff out? Like blog, youtube or anything? Just asking, I heard your beats and they are really really interesting and cool, would be nice to have some words about the whole thing :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 am 

[quote="forest"

And wow, these 30 years thing is amazing, man. Do you have any place that you put your stuff out? Like blog, youtube or anything? Just asking, I heard your beats and they are really really interesting and cool, would be nice to have some words about the whole thing :D[/quote][/quote]

Hey, thanks for the nice words dude !

No blogs or Youtube I'm afraid..I only came back to beatmaking and production just over a year ago after some time away due to family stuff.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my beats ..I appreciate that very much.

I'm working on an E.P. type of thing at the moment which should be finished in the next week or so and i'll stick it on here for folks to have a listen to when it's done.

Would be interested to hear anything you're doing once its ready also.

Have fun making the music !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:27 pm 

Danswift wrote:
People have actually been using samplers way before the 1980's, Zendan.

A guy named Bruce Haak built a digital sampler in 1967 and which was also demonstrated on an American TV show called 'Mr Rogers Neighbourhood' in the same year.

It was a home made synthesizer device included a built-in sampler which recorded, stored, played back and looped sounds controlled by switches, light sensors and human skin contact.

Also,some of the earliest digital sampling was done on the EMS Musys system, developed by Peter Grogono (software), David Cockerell (hardware and interfacing) and Peter Zinovieff (system design and operation) at their London Studio in 1969. The system ran on two mini-computers, Digital Equipment PDP-8's. These had a pair of fast D/A and A/D converters, 12,000 (12k) bytes of core memory (RAM), backed up by a hard drive of 32k and by tape storage

EMS equipment was used to control the world's first digital studio 'EMS London' and their earliest digital sampling was done on that system during 1971-1972 for Harrison Birtwistle's "Chronometer" released in 1975.

i know fool i'm talking about practically for hip hop music

everyone gotta try and outsmart me huh

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 pm 

zendanisdead wrote:

Zendan , please stop being a dick.

You act at times like a proper cock knocker.

You've already demonstrated this earlier in this thread when you started with your ridiculous 'No one ever made a beat on the 303 or ever used purely vinyl ' nonsense.

Perhaps if you didn't leave yourself open to ridicule by acting like you're the saviour of Hip Hop it would be a good start ..

Get a fucking grip man... I ain't no fucking fool, lame ass ..some of us have been down with this shit for a long ,long time.

Maybe you should respect that fact but then again,I somehow seriously doubt it.

I wasn't trying to 'outsmart' anyone.

You made a comment about sampling,all I did was point out that sampling started earlier than the 1980's as you had stated.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:24 pm 

Danswift wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:

You've already demonstrated this earlier in this thread when you started with your ridiculous 'No one ever made a beat on the 303 or ever used purely vinyl ' nonsense.

Perhaps if you didn't leave yourself open to ridicule by acting like you're the saviour of Hip Hop it would be a good start ..

Get a fucking grip man... I ain't no fucking fool, lame ass ..some of us have been down with this shit for a long ,long time.

You made a comment about sampling,all I did was point out that sampling started earlier than the 1980's as you had stated.

dan. homie. dont get your jimmies rustled over this kid. he's doomed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 pm 

Danswift wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:

(y)
i don't think you realize how you sound rn

speaking of the aforementioned, anyone want to link me a decent 303 + vinyl + tape ONLY beat they've made?? show my ass up with your years of skill, knowledge, and status above mine own.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:37 pm 

Delia Derbyshire circa 1965 . cutting tapes for loop . BBC Radiophonic Workshop .. interesting stuff . Notable work .. Dr Who Original Theme

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next