It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:44 pm 

Pls use this thread to talk about your musical project ideas your currently doing, or want to pursue. Hopefully it can manifest the ideas and bring em into fruition.

Mine at the moment is to produce a broken beat ep using bossa nova samples all done on the sp404. I'll record some live instrumentation over the top via a 4 track, and add a sprinkling of Poetry/Spoken words.

Share yours!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:47 pm 

I wanna to a dedication tape to my cultural heritage and sample up a bunch of old cuban records from the 60s and just make it a dedication to all my people here who escaped the oppression :)

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:50 am 

i used to come up with mad ideas.... now, i can't even find what I really want to do, I get way too easily influenced and each day I want to do something different.. one day (like today) i'll want to buy Reason and just compose music with a midi keyboard, tomorrow I bet i'll listen to something else and want a mpc 3000, the next day i'll be in the music section here wanting a SP.... i get way too easily influenced, and its really causing me to be not productive since i can't 'find myself '(besides the no money at the moment issue). anyone else ever go through this? probably not as bad as me though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:40 am 

soopa wrote:
i used to come up with mad ideas.... now, i can't even find what I really want to do, I get way too easily influenced and each day I want to do something different.. one day (like today) i'll want to buy Reason and just compose music with a midi keyboard, tomorrow I bet i'll listen to something else and want a mpc 3000, the next day i'll be in the music section here wanting a SP.... i get way too easily influenced, and its really causing me to be not productive since i can't 'find myself '(besides the no money at the moment issue). anyone else ever go through this? probably not as bad as me though

Damm fam we must be the same person LOL!This is why iposted that 404 schizo topic!Im constantly changin and gettin to influened by other shit!Ill hear some madlib shit and be like oh shit the 404 then ill here some primo or dilla shit and be damm i need to get back to the mpc!lol I hate that shit it drives me nuts so I feel you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:07 pm 

i think the 606 might be closest to bridging the gap of the mpc and 404
Seems like the best of both worlds. I dont have a sp606 but i think it is probably in the middle of both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:55 pm 

I would own a 606 if it had a pitch bank like the 505... I will never understand why they felt they should remove that feature ?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:53 pm 

so wait the sp505 lets u pitch samples up and down like a traditional sampler? If so that is dope they should have put that feature on all the sp's if i am understanding that correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:21 am 

5_ELEMENT_NINJA wrote:
soopa wrote:

Damm fam we must be the same person LOL!This is why iposted that 404 schizo topic!Im constantly changin and gettin to influened by other shit!Ill hear some madlib shit and be like oh shit the 404 then ill here some primo or dilla shit and be damm i need to get back to the mpc!lol I hate that shit it drives me nuts so I feel you!

ah it's good to know i'm not alone
i mean its great to be influenced... but it sucks to not have a main direction lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:12 pm 

Yea, thats exactly what it does. Except it only gives you one octave. Its more like the 16 levels function on the MPC except it works by the same sound over and over and different pitches.

Back to the topic

Im feelin you guys. In my lifespan... ive bought a total of 7 different samplers/programs...lol I think im finally gonna narrow it down to the 404 and EPS. I dont see myself needing ne thing else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:12 pm 
Site Admin

would JJ be able to help the sp-users out you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:34 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

^that would be ill. could an improved os enable a real pitch shift feature? or would physical modifications to the machine be necessary.

http://www.myspace.com/juxtkid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:58 am 

A JJ OS for the 404 would prolly make me cry and wet my pants.... where can I email these cats ? :)