It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:00 pm

Post subject: JADE PALACE GUARD & Adventure Tapes
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:50 pm 

It's been a while. How you guys doing?

So I've started my own little media/blog thing called "Cochese Mustache" and if you're into Adult Swim and Fox ADHD you'd pretty much know where I'm going with it.

I'm trying to do monthly releases of music through me and my peeps in a series called "cochese music". Since I couldn't get out a compilation I put out a Jade Palace Promo pack and an EP of some art beats I made last year.

Jade Palace Guard - Kung Fu & Hip-Hop:
https://bundles.bittorrent.com/bundles/jadepalaceguard

Adventure Tapes:
https://bundles.bittorrent.com/bundles/ ... 2d062c1046

Free downloads but you get some bonuses with the subscription downloads (trust me I haven't collected the e-mails yet and don't like to abuse them)

If you're on FB, even on the DL and you like Horror movies, indie art, obscure music, cartoons, nostalgia, pro wrestling ect. You can show support by checking out my fan page here: https://www.facebook.com/cochesemustache?ref=br_tf

It's a one man project, but I'd like to update more frequently when I have a slightly bigger audience.

Another thing I wanted to throw out there was the 411 on bit torrent bundles. Basically the simplicity of throwing something on mediafire and the pros of people previewing what's inside like bandcamp wrapped into one.

I did want to keep this on the D/L because something tells me, after 2015 this site is going to be cluttered with content just like soundcloud and bandcamp is. But I'm okay with the SP families getting in on it. I've always been the kind of guy who reads interviews and does homework on entertainment marketing. When myspace was dying and people were still putting albums on mediafire, I told all my boys to jump on bandcamp and soundcloud. When my old highschool buddies were still trying to put movies on public access, I told them to go youtube. Bit torrent is kind of the next thing for me.

Normally when a new platform comes out, the first people in line tend to be discovered quicker. I mean you got guys out there who made a name for themselves when tumblr and myspace were new. I feel like it'd be the same here. Even if I'm doing little gigs, networking and promoting online and in person, I'd be lucky enough to get 100 downloads on bandcamp. These days I'd be lucky just to get 5. If you look at the Jade Palace bundle I uploaded we're at 2857 pageviews, 484 downloads and 511 plays. In only 10 days...

10 days...

10 days... *echos*echos*

To be so underground that the mole men are above us, that's actually progress. We're not gonna be on Jimmy Kimmel performing anytime soon but it's a baby step up.

Basically when MF Doom was putting out his collab with Bishop Nehru I checked the site out. A lot of film makers, and indie artists are linking their fans to these bundles. So when the fans explore the main page, they see your uploads on the front page in the "recent" section.

Granted I didn't mean to write this sloppy post in a way that seems like it's going to my head. I imagine some people just like to download free shit lol. But even if they grab it now and don't listen til two weeks from now or pass it to a friend or bootleg it themselves on another website. All I know is that content is now in rotation. I do know Sneed The Jade Badger has managed to sell a few more cassette tapes last week.

Anyway, I just figured this is something the SP fam should have a heads up on. Personally after messing with myspace, facebook, soundcloud, bandcamp to websites I don't even like such as reverbnation, last.fm, datpiff, clubmixtapes ect. This is the outlet I've been looking for. But as always I know if it has a future it will be cluttered or eventually take on some annoying changes when it hits the mainstream. 2015 is the year to do it. I'm always into interviews and articles about marketing, and packaging and self promotion in the DIY world, I throw in an eye catching title and cover art for the Jade Palace bundle and it easily outshines my Adventure Tapes one. Best of luck to anyone who decides to go this route. A lot of you guys are crazy talented and your work deserves to fall on more ears.

Also.... I would probably recommend sound tagging certain beats. Especially hot ones. You never know. But that's just me.

Peace.

David Vs Everything