It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm

Post subject: a couple of songs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:54 pm 

Yo, so I have a couple new tracks I did with my homie Pensivv up on myspace. I didn't make them soley on an SP, but I used my 202 for both of them.

RUI- This beat is the first beat I've ever made that wasn't sampled off records. All the melodys and bass is played from my microkorg running through some pedals and shit. The drums are sampled from my friend's band. My homie Pensivv does all the lyrics.

Take That- I made this beat. Pensivv has verse 1 and I rap on verse 2. This is from a politically themed EP we're working on called USA A-OK! which sounds kind of corny but I'm excited for it. It'll be dope.

Anyways feel free to check them out if you have the time. Thanks.

www.myspace.com/shupemusic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:48 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Nice work, my only complaint is your boy has fallen victim to the classic "I'm white" vocal sound. A lot of rapping is not presentation which is why people find mainstream rappers appealing, while lacking lyrical content some commercial rappers have excellent delivery and vocal styling. Most rappers I really enjoy not only have lyrical and freestyle talent but also a unique voice/accent on top of great delivery. Just my opinion though, I like the music and the direction you got going. Glad to hear some 202 at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:38 pm 

DR.Sample303 wrote:
Nice work, my only complaint is your boy has fallen victim to the classic "I'm white" vocal sound. A lot of rapping is not presentation which is why people find mainstream rappers appealing, while lacking lyrical content some commercial rappers have excellent delivery and vocal styling. Most rappers I really enjoy not only have lyrical and freestyle talent but also a unique voice/accent on top of great delivery. Just my opinion though, I like the music and the direction you got going. Glad to hear some 202 at work.

Hey man, I appreciate you taking the time to listen to these tracks. I just want to say though that my friend is actually black. I'm white, and I rap the second verse on "Take That", and I defintley have a shitty white boy flow, but he's not white. Not really a big deal, but I wanted to make that clarification. Thanks again for checking them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:43 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

nice work man. I like the sounds/samples you use- I gotta check out a microkorg one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:45 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

Well my mind is exploding and and my world is collapsing at the same time off that. J/K nice stuff none the less.