It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:22 am

Post subject: Our First Album
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:46 am 

Hey guys,

My band, Hosey, is putting out our first album, 1994, on our blog, free for download and streaming. We're "officially" releasing it (as in notifying people) tonight at Midnight, just in time for Christmas Eve. I've already put it all up, though, so you guys can check it out anytime. I guess for you it's a "Festivus Miracle!" instead of a Christmas present. Everyone here is really cool, and I'd love for you guys to have a listen. Download it if you can, we keep track of downloads and it looks just as good as a CD sale to a club or booking agent.

So kick back, crack a beer or have some eggnog, smoke whatever you smoke and chill out to 1994. It's only 24 minutes, so it's a quick fix. It's the first thing my friend and I have put out together, even though we've been playing together in various bands for 12 years. I'm really proud of it. Here's the link

hosey.terapad.com

There's an mp3 player on the first page where you can stream. There's a link to a page for downloads.

Next step is recording the song for the SP-Forums Mixtape.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:47 am 

sick i like it...very unique...and interesting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:28 am 

did you use any of the sp's for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:57 am 

downloaded! it was nice shit bro!!

did you use a sp for any of this?

http://kristofferlislegaard.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:29 am 

Oh yeah, I definitely used the SP for a lot of this. The tracks were written over a period of years, so some were put together with a 303, some with the 404. The process is a mix between sequencing/"beating sh*t out" with an SP, then processing that in the computer to further tweak it. Drum beats, in particular, but there are a lot of "synth" sounds on the tracks that are actually loops playing on my CDJ, then through the SP with some sort of strange MFX (Ring Mod, Lo-Fi, Filter+Drive, etc...) and then through a Delay pedal. A lot of the vocal samples that aren't being scratched are usually being triggered through the SP. The new songs we're working on involve taking the process one step further, so now it's: sample into the SP and come up with some neat chops there, record into Acid and then come up with more strange manipulations, and (the new part) put it back on the SP and come up with even more hand made chops. Plus I'm trying to work in more scratching amidst triggering samples, stuff like that. The SP is becoming more and more essential to the whole process, these days, which is a relief. I like being able to beat songs out on the fly, like playing guitar.

I'm glad you guys enjoy it. It's definitely taken a chunk out of my life, I'm relieved to finally be able to put it out. I always wanted to post and let you guys know how much I enjoy your music. I get bored with a lot of my "beat" records, so I like to put on songs from people on the internet when it comes time to practice scratching. Sometimes it's just basic Flare repetitions, but it's always nice to have something new to play along with. And the stuff people are putting out here is really nice. I end up spacing out and just listening to the beats. It's fun stuff, the mixtape should be nice.

Anyway, it's officially merry Christmas time here, so, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Notice the SP-404 sneaking into the left side of the frame. You better believe that was on purpose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:37 am 

kristoffer1989 wrote:
downloaded! it was nice shit bro!!

Hey, man, I really appreciate the download! Like I said, we're keeping track of all that, and it may not lead to a record deal (who cares, anyway?), it at least looks good in the eyes of the bars and places we book at. They don't care how people heard of you, they just want to be sure you can pull a crowd, and if you can show that a bunch of people in their area have downloaded your album, they'll figure that you're a good bet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:31 pm 

Hey- thanks for the music- I listened once and really dug it- will listen again soon. I love samples and interesting textures in sound and speech. Great job- thanks for sharing.
Om

PS- Got myself a new hi-def tv for christmas- must say I love putting my media pc fullscreen with Winamp running MilkDrop visuals! (I did this with your record)

PPS- I like the "50 Ways" work you did on track 2- Steve Gadd is great- check him out on Jean Luc Ponty's "Enigmatic Ocean" from 1976

Last edited by Om_Audio on Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:57 pm 

^^^ One of my roommates may get a Hi-Def TV soon, and he was talking about doing the same thing with his PC. It sounds like it will be really awesome.

Thanks for listening! I really appreciate it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:44 am 

hey mate, that albums pretty good. Interesting compositions. nice samples too. looking forward to hearing more.