It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: corny cornballs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:28 am 

ne one ever midi their power glove to an mpc :?:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 am 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

IIIII wrote:
ne one ever midi their power glove to an mpc :?:

eh, no need. D-BEAM!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:47 am 

ya, hustle and flow was the only movie i can think of that had a mpc used right on screen. Im trying to think of another. I know "Juice" was my shit, how Q would wake up, pop in a tape, scratch, and be done with it. That always inspired me to get turntables.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:08 pm 

I MIDId my power glove.. not midi out though.. midi in..

then I put 5 ansell's on it and attached it to the bottom of my desk :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 pm 

cartesia wrote:
I MIDId my power glove.. not midi out though.. midi in..

then I put 5 ansell's on it and attached it to the bottom of my desk :)

yes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:13 am 

Speaking of the "pefect beat machine"-I've never understood why companies like roland, akai,ensoniq,etc- haven't paid a prominent producer to "design" his ultimate machine, completely tyo their specs, seems like it would be a good deal all the way around-- a dope product and a credible endorsement at the same time. Also- if I were say a pete rock,rza,kanye,madlib,etc- I'd pay from my own pocket to have a proto-type built, then shop that to the companies. Seems like a no brainer, unless I missed something, that's never happened. Immagine a new sp designed by madlib, or an mpc by pete rock....

As far as the hardware/software discussion- dope beats of any style can come out of both, me personally- I don't see how it could be any fun to just use a mouse. Using a midi controller w pads I've never tried- but ti seems like it would be just as fun- as long as there wasn't a million steps and menus involved.I also think it's funny when cats used to working with soundwaves w their chops try an sp or something, and seem to find it so difficult to mark samples by ear..that shit makes no sense to me. I mean, if you need a visual to make a chop- music probably isn't your thing. And actually, that's my one beef w/ software- it's made shit too easy and stripped some of the actual musical element away. Then again- this all should be mainly about having fun-whether getting paid or not,whether you suck or not, even if it's just a phase. In the end you can't really be mad at someone just for finding something they enjoy to do, no matter how they do it.

And for the actual topic of this thread- yea, it's completely wack for people to be fronting about any aspect of how they do shit...just a weak thing to do in general.

Another corny cornball gripe- Strictly digital digging. Understandable if you're not in a place w/ decent record spots- but if you're in any average american city and not digging for actual records,you're missing out on one of the most rewarding aspects of this whole shit. And I've tried the "digital dig"- mad time consuming and frustrating, unless u know exactly what you're looking for.

Anyway,yea...see,gimme any topic I'll "write a book",lol, not just a debate. What can I say, I'm a writer, it's what I do. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:20 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

^^ i think they dont want anyone interfering with the features and whatnot is because they want to control and or (maybe im wrong) supress the technology, even though it sounds stupid because we can get infinite features with a computer, what i'm getting at is, I read somewhere digital camereas are the fastest computers in the world. so id imagine the 404 would be in this category, its ultra fast read write capabilities, so i would imagine that with a simple OS upgrade, we can have features like real pitch shift 16 levels, resample sequencer and all sorts of other cool things. I really think the original 404 is one of the best computers ever made, and also think it can be used for other non musical maybe even scientific applications. sorry buggin on the coffee.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:43 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

and yea my mind is scrambled jumping around like a kangaroo, read/write has nothing to do with processing power, but im shure it has enough to do as much as any other type of machine, i dont know how many mhz it uses but i know it has a crystal sound processor, a cmos internal memory chip and a roland processor anyone can correct me if im wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:46 pm 

captian crunk wrote:
^^ i think they dont want anyone interfering with the features and whatnot is because they want to control and or (maybe im wrong) supress the technology...

Honestly, its not too far fetched. The expression "leave them wanting more" also applies to gear, too. Where there are gaps that the product doesn't cover, those are opportunities to sell more stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 pm 

lodger wrote:
captian crunk wrote:
^^ i think they dont want anyone interfering with the features and whatnot is because they want to control and or (maybe im wrong) supress the technology...

Honestly, its not too far fetched. The expression "leave them wanting more" also applies to gear, too. Where there are gaps that the product doesn't cover, those are opportunities to sell more stuff.

mpc1k and 2500 are perfect examples of that

http://spectrumhq.tumblr.com/
http://soundcloud.com/spectrumhq

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm 

Yeah.. people say capitalism promotes development..

but it also promotes dragging out those developments as slowly as possible, and blocking ones that threaten the continued sale of products (EG ceramic razors that last for decades rather than weeks.. guy who patented it sold it to one of the razor companies.. they will obviously never release it)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:03 pm 

http://www.amazon.com/Non-Metallic-Cove ... B003B4SV30

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 am 

heh cool, i guess its just for shaver-specific blades that the patent is held.. you can't own an entire technology as far as I'm aware, just specified application of it

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:56 pm 

^ @ a.d.

i actually brought this up in an earlier thread...the whole celebrity producer-designed beat machines. i mean it's practically here with the beats by dre laptops/headphones etc..

i really don't think we're far off from a pete rock/madlib/dre/doom/dilla drum machine. roland/akai, etc. could just repackage an old machine, throw 1 or 2 new features, slap somebody's name on it and make a killing. and let's face it, most producers ain't got eminem dough to say the least, so in all likelihood they'd be more than happy to whore out their "brand"..

hey kidz, roland presents the whiz kalifa wacka flocka wacky fun factory beat maker...construct a 2 bar ganzta beat in no time and get ready to ride on some bitch azz hataz. temporary 'hood tattoos included

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:25 pm 

Lol...Idk, I'd LIKE to think that a pete rock, madlib,preem,etc- would have more integrity than that. Never know though. I was thinking more along the lines of some of these producers actually having total creative control over the features of a "signature" machine. Like if 'Lib were to single out all the weaknesses of a 404, and make all the improvements,plus whatever other new ideas he might have. Of course, he started using the 303 'cause it was something different,also something small and portable that had extreme limitations,etc...but still, if I had the dough these dudes have one of the first things I would wanna do is have some type of proto-type built,or at least have some kinda electronics wiz modify something to be my ultimate dream machine.

But of course these companies-espescially roland- know exactly what they're doing by leaving certain features off certain machines, changing them etc... it's all marketing,trying to create more of a demand,and selling as many machines as possible.

Btw-sorry man, your post just reminded me of that pm, I'm about to go check it out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next