It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

Post subject: Re: filters and such
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:18 pm 

Should have bought it, old Electro-Harmonix or Maestro are worth more than 100 quid.

If it was a Frostwave, then I guess it couldn't be because it's Aussie, still much more than 100.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:00 am 

If you can find one or a decent price, a Line 6 Filter Pro (the rackmount version) is a swiss army knife of filters, but some of it I never end up using.

I have the Moogerfooger MF-101 as well, and that's great for getting some self oscilating resonating lowpass filter action, but I wish it also was a hi-pass filter. (I'd love a Murf as well, but can't right now).

Akai had a sampler that was their answer to Electrix's FilterFactory filter, but I'm sure it's more rare. What's cool about it is you had 1 mono input, and a stereo input.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:18 am 

I wish someone would make a 303 filter box... turning samples into squelchy acid is something I'd love to do more

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:56 pm 

I just put 25% down on a Electrix FilterFactory at my local music shop. I already own the MoFX, so it’s been handy for delay, Flange, Tremolo, & Boost FX for my beats. So now with a dedicated filter to tame some frequencies that the MoFX was good at messing up, but sometimes I couldn’t tame, I hope The FilterFactory is right for the job.

Oh, and I’m picking up a SP202 finally with it as well. I got a folding table to squeeze in my room, so my mixer has a better place to sit. I’m going to be broke for the next 3 weeks getting it all home, but I am pretty excited. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:19 pm 

Just got my Electrix FilterFactory today. And it’s..,..OK for what it does. You get Low/High/Band/Notch filter frequency to control. It’s Resonance can be razor sharp, and can give your ears a root canal if you’re not careful. It’s LFOs are there if you need a little dubstep wobble. (But failed to impress me)

I just got it today, so I have more experimentation to really say for certain that I recommend one. I guess it never hurts to have more filters in your studio so you can dull out frequencies that just sound too harsh. Or give it a little smoother touch to rough sounds. I used to own a Line 6 Filter Pro, and I might have to score another if I can find one. The FF has its own character compared to the digital filters of my SP202/505, so I’ll have to decide how I want to route my RCAs & 1/4” cables to which unit. (I also own a Electrix MoFX, and I found it fun to route them to each other so my hands can really mangle the sounds).