It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 pm

Post subject: 404sx and guitar loop ideas
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:32 pm 

Yo,

Great forum, lots of reading.

Had the 404sx a couple weeks now and really digging it, so much easier then my MPC500 for ideas and jamming (admittedly I'm new to the 500 as well). Looking for some ideas for what I want with the 404. I wanna play a riff on my guitar then throw some ugly swinging beats over it and layer.
I am doing this independently with my delay lab looper and the 404 but how can I get that loop into the 404 quickly. I tried recording directly from the amp then mark the start and end, works, But far from perfect. I'm really trying to stay away from the PC but willing if that's the answer. Anyone doing something similar?

Thanks

SP-404SX

Post subject: Re: 404sx and guitar loop ideas
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 pm 

What youre doing sounds fine, is it the start and end points youre having trouble with? I normally plug guitar straight into the sp, i find its always useful to play the riff or whatever a few times and marking start and end suring the middle of playback just so you get a feel for rhe timing

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:20 pm 

asha c wrote:
What youre doing sounds fine, is it the start and end points youre having trouble with?

Thanks Asha C for the response:

Must be, I have yet to get a seamless loop. Even with fine tuning the start and end there's always a click (I always loop in the middle of the recording, same way with looper pedals). I'll keep trying that way as it would be the easiest way to go about it. If I'm lucky I get an hour a night to jam and want to use every minute.

I checked out your music, I like it. Pretty much what I'm looking to do. How do you record the guitar into the 404? Also how do you keep in time without the metronome during recording, I'm not that good?

I did find a work around last night, not great but works. I dug out my JamMan Solo XT pedal and recorded my acoustic to that, plugged it into the PC via the USB and exported the loop. Fired up the wav converter software and imported. Perfect seamless loop.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:25 pm 

Thanks i appreciate that you had a listen!!!!
I generally plug the guitar straight into the sp's mic input, without a metronome and then resample drums over the top so i can tap in time even if the loop isnt perfect timing if you get the feel right you can get the drums in time.
Do you record with compression or vinyl sim on as Ive found this can sometimes result in the clicking you get in the loop, if you do then dont record with that effect on but resample it with effect on and again let it play through a few times and loop the middle.
Yeah i guess recording ono the computer is fine too, whatever works best for you i guess! Take it easy

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:00 pm 

Yo,

Alright, in case interested, I got some things sorted. First of all I was over thinking the timing issue, its more feel/flow that works. That being said I did manage to dump the PC for importing loops. I record with either looper (Deleay Lab or Jamman solo XT) while listening to the 404. Then record the looper back to the 404 with auto trig enabled. Effects and resample, F***ing awesome!

Keep liven

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:57 am 

Kegeratorz wrote:
Yo,

Alright, in case interested, I got some things sorted. First of all I was over thinking the timing issue, its more feel/flow that works. That being said I did manage to dump the PC for importing loops. I record with either looper (Deleay Lab or Jamman solo XT) while listening to the 404. Then record the looper back to the 404 with auto trig enabled. Effects and resample, F***ing awesome!

Keep liven

Thanks for the tip! I'll look into using my TC Ditto looper with the SP.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:23 pm 

Ditto is awesome, so simple. Grabbed the jamman for the save option and haven't saved one yet.

SP-404SX