It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Best Ipad/pod/phone Beat Making Apps.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:33 am 

oh yeah, theres also a 8bit nintendo app for free that has the nintendo sound and a few nintendo sound effects.
sorry, ive basically looked through every app in the last 3 hours and grabbed a few. its like 4 am and im a rock em all morning long.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:21 pm 

Man I can't wait until Intua's beatmaker 2 comes out. I need something with more than 16 pads that can slice audio by transient.

My 303 stay on Vinyl Sim.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:49 pm 

i had the beatmaker and in comparison nano studio is what your waiting for. the beatmaker sequencer is weird, managable but weird. and the amount of shit you have to do to chop samples is cut down by like 50 percent in the nano. trust me. you can even download it for your computer for free just to give it a whirl. have to put your samples into the main directory with their main samples to use your own but the itouch you can upload through wireless, just like beatmaker but i remember it being so gay that i just didnt do it. this was like 1,2,3 with the nano. ive already uploaded my laptops entire library of like 3 gigs of drumkits, one shots and long record samples ive been hanging onto. and you get a banging ass synth on top of that with a piano roll and effects. and buses.
i feel like a dam nano studio salesman but i got the word from the bird on the street so i need to pass the message along, it is definitly the shit and better than beatmaker.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:36 pm 

i think im just gonna blow this topic up till i run out of shit thats blowing my mind. in the nano studio, the synth allows you to use the samples you upload. so lets say you got a one shot stab sample or some shit. you can load it into the eden synth and manipulate it and it lays across the keys like a sampler keyboard. i know alot of guys on here always ask how to do that with the sp's. so i got it running into my 808 and i loaded it in and pressed all the keys while sampling and now i got 16 levels like on a mpc.
IS IT ANYTHING THIS SHIT WONT DO.
AND YOU CAN EDIT THE SAMPLE YOU LOAD INTO THE SYNTH TO LIKE TRIM IT N SHIT. FILTER IT WITH HP-BP-LP frequencies, and it has this invert button that sounds dope as shit. i think its inverting the amp envelope and makes it sound softer, and you can set the fliter envelope to get some crazy sweeping shit going on with the cutoff.
jesus flippin christ, just found a new sample manipulator for my 808, just sample the sounds and im rockin out.
once again, im out. prolly be back after another hour on this shit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:12 pm 

Finally somebody else who loves nanostudio as much as I do!

I gave up beatmaker2. The devs are some shady bastards. They delete threads, won't answer questions and keep saying they are "revamping" their sequencer each time a new competitive application comes out. They also fail to give a spec list of what will be available in BM2. Only recently they have sorta announced some stuff, but they say you will need a new "fast" device to get the most from the app. They will not get my money and I refuse to go to their forums anymore.

Back to some nanostudio love, Springwater how are you liking the 1.1 update? You plan to get down on the battle I started there? I will be uploading a Halloween sample pack this weekend :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:19 pm 

wheres the forum, the nano studio forum. ill check it out. man this thing is insane, i downloaded it yesterday so i dont know how it was before the update, but since i found out that the synth takes samples, im blown away. beatmaker was cool for a second, one night i was banging beats live in a car through the aux and that was fun but i never liked the sequencer. and ive never had the patience to manipluate a sample on any sp long anough but in the nanostudio its fun as fuck to mangle a sound and record sweeping effects and sample em into the 808. im working on an album that hasnt been happening till i got this thing. already this morning i got some cool ass groovy beat. trying to write a shitload at work then once i got like 20 tracks, its on.
i just uploaded some old shit i did, peep it and let me know what you think of my flow.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:24 pm 

Here's the thread for the Nanostudio battle >> http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/1065

I always wanted to like beatmaker, but never got into it. I couldn't stand going thru 10 windows to load/chop a single sample. Talk about a buzz kill for my workflow..... It was almost easier to chop on my hardware then export into beatmaker, but that defeats the purpose I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:28 pm 

NANOSTUDIO FO LIFE!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 pm 

springwater wrote:
NANOSTUDIO FO LIFE!!!

Not the biggest fan, the keyboard sampler is cool for pitching samples. NO FUCKING SLICE THOUGH!!!!! That is key! Beatmaker has a crude slice that will equally slice your sample depending on how many pads you have selected. If nanostudio could add a proper slice it would be number 1. Looks like their is going to be some down time before any significant upgrade to nanostudio, while beatmaker 2 is just around the corner.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 pm 

http://samplelabapp.com/

Had high hopes for this, no feature list but does not appear to have slice. I'm crossing my fingers though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm 

I prefer the way you have to chop in nanostudio. In BM, yes it will autochop. but unless your sample is already perfectly chopped/looping you'll need to go back and edit anyways.

In nanostudio you are forced to chop and truncate each sample. I like this for the fact that if I ever want to use the chops on another machine the work is already done. Just dump the WAVs and I'm ready to go.

As for BM2 just around the corner I would not hold your breath. It's been delayed so many times I've lost count.

I know there is an ipad NS version in the works (blip has contracted an external DEV to help work on it) and he plans to increase the number tracks + instruments per song or make it user selectable which instruments is on which track. Just make some requests on the forum otherwise the DEV won't know what people want. Believe it or not.. he actually responds back!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:34 pm 

As for iPad only appz..... FUCK THAT NOISE

I refuse to pay $500 for a device that does less than my FREE apple powerbook. Then also need to buy a case, 3rd party cables to get audio in or midi.

Lets see.... as of Jun 2010 there were 100million iDevices sold. Lets say about 10 million are iPads (that's being generous) . That leaves 90million other devices that won't work with iPad only appz. I dunno, maybe I'm jaded, but I can't see the use or need to develop iPad only appz.

- Owner of 3 ipods, Powerbook, mac mini, iphone, ipod touch etc etc ......

And if you ask why the Powerbook was free..... It's cuz it is over 5 years old. All I had to was ask a friend for it since it was never planning to use it again.

Old Tech = Garbage to most people

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:01 pm 

well you cant have it all. sp's dont autochop so im not really worried about it and with autochopping, unless the machine is the shit like a mpc, you still have to go back and edit so that was never a concern of mine. fruityloops even has an auto chop and it sucks ass unless your sample is a perfect amount of bars which limits what you sample. i sample everything, fuck bars. but i can see that if you like autochopping that it would be a big disappointment. but in nanostudio you could load the same sample 16 times and trim each pad to the part you like most. or just do it in the computer then send it via wifi. ive never been able to get good chops by ear and im not really using nanostudio as a alternative to a hardware sampler, just a way to manipluate my samples and get em back to my machine to work with so the editing there is perfect. just set the selection and play that part into the sampler and get 16 parts quick.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:43 pm 

I think the SP505 and SP606 have an auto chop shop :P

Chopping manually = running a marathon
AutoChopping = running on a treadmill in a climate controlled gym for 10 minutes.

Yer only cheatin yourself!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:09 pm 

formal wrote:
I think the SP505 and SP606 have an auto chop shop :P

Chopping manually = running a marathon
AutoChopping = running on a treadmill in a climate controlled gym for 10 minutes.

Yer only cheatin yourself!

nice metaphor sir! its exactly like that. with autochop you end up making those mpc beats that everyone is making on youtube. that same old 16 chop shit that anyone could do. grab an 4 barloop and chop it into 6 parts depending on the hits and then you got something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next