It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:35 pm 

I recently picked up a Alesis MultiMix 6FX and so far so good :)

Post subject: I'm using the Korg Zero 8 mixer ( lots of bugs )
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:33 am 

Zero mixers driver updates are very badly needed .

For whatever reason Korg to my knowledge is not saying anything about if very badly needed Zero mixer updates would ever be available.
That's just the way it is with some companies, unfortunately Korg with the Zero line mixers just happen to be one of them.
I am aware of lots of people who purchased other mixers (Korg is loosing money) because of the way Korg is treating us costumers about the issues on the Zero mixers.

Although I have the Zero 8 mixer ,I will wait a few more months before I decide to sell my Zero 8 mixer for lack of support ( NO UPDATES ) or information from Korg about fixes for the Zero 8 & Zero 4 mixer lines.

The only way your one vote will count is at the store when you purchase another mixer other than the Korg Zero line mixers and letting everyone that you can possibly tell, from word of mouth, the Internet top DJ forums, and get that information out about the Korg Zero line mixers and how they don't help us or give us any information about possible future fixes.

Also some Internet stores like Sweetwater.com will not let you print a truthful revue about product they are trying to sell so don't waste your time there. If anyplace you go tell you only all good things about a product,
BEWARE..everything has short comings, some more than others.
Peace and blessings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:05 am 

I like the Soundcraft Ghost is what I have.. and I love the sweet, sweet sound.. I recommend the Soundcraft Compact 10 for everyone.. IT's a really nice sounding mixer and good pres.. Not to mention it's great for analog summing..

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Last edited by Twitch on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:28 am 

i use a 4 channel fender pa mixer run through a direct box into audacity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:50 am 

Twitch wrote:
I would like the Soundcraft Ghost is what I have.. and I love the sweet, sweet sound.. I recommend the Soundcraft Compact 10 for everyone.. IT's a really nice sounding mixer and good pres.. Not to mention it's great for analog summing..

Ive been thinking about a simple sub mixer to go into the 404, because im forever unplugging and plugging in my synth, turntable, gameboy, guitar and different mics. So it would be nice it all setup constantly.

So im thinking of picking up the souncraft compact 4. Although im abit worried about it not being like other mixers in terms of operation. Like how do solo on that thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:28 pm 

i want a compact 4 myself! those are very nice. gleaming reviews. turntable input. supposedly one the top two best sounding mixers in that price range. however their not sold over here so i'll eventually get a tapco i guess.

on the dj1000, it has a slight buzz. not so bad after its warmed up, and unnoticable while playing most music but still somewhat of a bummer. one of these days i will open it up and clean it real good, see if that makes any difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:53 pm 

Quote:
So im thinking of picking up the souncraft compact 4. Although im abit worried about it not being like other mixers in terms of operation. Like how do solo on that thing?

It does lack some features directly.. The only way to solo is by turning the volume level down on the rest of the channels..

Music is a moral law,
it gives wings to the mind,
a soul to the universe,
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:18 am 

Think the xenyx is an upgraded UB, so they should be fine .I use that!