It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:07 pm 
Would you think this would still pose a problem with the MPD24?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:05 pm 

yea...but on the MPD24 you get 4 banks of 16..so you get 64 assignable pads instead of 32 on the MPD16, but I guess you'll be able to get A-G pads up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:03 am 

doesnt the mpd24 let u have like 16 presets? Because then u would have 16x 4banks i think.

by the way, does anybody know where the midi in connection for the mpd24 is good for?
i use an electribe-R sometimes as a step-sequencer for the sp404 so if i could plug that in the mpd24's midi in, and the mpd24's midi out in the sp404 so both send the same midi signals.. that would be sexy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:16 pm 

Cheenergies wrote:
Thas gonna be my purchase instead of an mpc then...that and a digital 8 track recorder...wooooooooo!

No,, don't do that... as much as the SP-404 is a cool machine...the MPC is alot more machine. Get yourself a used MPC1000 and see why they are the industry standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:01 am 

Depends on his budget and whether he accepts to buy a box that will have its pads break down on him due to poor design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:21 am 

I was thinkin of buing an MPC1000 or 2500 and yea money is a bit of an issue...I've got an MPD16 at I will need a digital multi track at some stage anyway..maybe in the end i'll get both...but first i'll get an 8 track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:22 pm 
pt3r wrote:
Depends on his budget and whether he accepts to buy a box that will have its pads break down on him due to poor design.

Do you speak from experience or from what you have read? My 1000 is about 1.5 years old and has not one problem with pads. If you don't pad the pads like a jackass, you won't have problems either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:32 am 

Do you frequent the MPC-forums , are all these mpc 1K users who are complaing about pads breaking down imagining shit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:00 pm 
pt3r wrote:
Do you frequent the MPC-forums , are all these mpc 1K users who are complaing about pads breaking down imagining shit?

Yes, I frequent that spot...as Yoshimi. I've seen it...but I have not heard any recent complaints. I tend to think that those who have problems pound their pads like fools...but I could be wrong. I'm just saying... the 1000 is a great machine and you should speak from experience. No big deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:19 pm 

Oh but I have no beef with the 1k au contraire :lol: I think indeed that the MPC 1k is the powerhouse of the MPC family, it's just all those horror stories of pads breaking down that caught my attention. I don't think it's a bad machine it just seems like those pads were sketchy to say the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:39 pm 
pt3r wrote:
Oh but I have no beef with the 1k au contraire :lol: I think indeed that the MPC 1k is the powerhouse of the MPC family, it's just all those horror stories of pads breaking down that caught my attention. I don't think it's a bad machine it just seems like those pads were sketchy to say the least.

Ok, fair enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 pm 

I'll take a roland sampler over an MPC anyday :) Ive owned em... used em...MPCs just dont do it for me for some reason.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:35 pm 
Dj Frantic wrote:
I'll take a roland sampler over an MPC anyday :) Ive owned em... used em...MPCs just dont do it for me for some reason.

Personal preference I guess... I could see why someone would not like the MPC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:27 pm 

so, i purchased an mpd24 and now im having trouble getting the 404 and mpd to talk to eachother.
ALso, the editor isnt mac friendly so, its abit more of a headache now. Each manual is like two different languages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:51 am 

i have a mpc1K! but i use my 404 a lot more.

i guess i was born a jackass :wink: cuz my black1k had three faulty pads outta the box. literally, three pads can not achieve max volume unless on fixed velocity. i had the 404 and bought the hype that 1k is what i really needed. oh and the pads are easily fixed on the 1k. nym is the man with this, and he is really nice too.

if i had known the 555 was coming i prolly woulda waited. and i actually think the 555 is gonna be a hit(regardless of the wannabe pads). as far as the mpd w/ 404 i just want to say that people often complain about it with the mpcs so... its a little limited it seems, but then again i don't have one so mr.daniels good luck sir!