It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 am

Post subject: couple questions for yall bout the sp 303
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:12 am 

hello, lets say i got a sample that is like 100 bpm, so i adjust the bpm to like 90 to match my drum sample. why the fuck does the adjusted sample crackle and make a terrible clicking noise? ( i know that this usually happens if you extremely stretch the sample but im just barely adjusting it). could it be because of the card i got in it or something?

also, lets say i play a pattern and a sample together at the same time, they are both the same bpm and when i start playing them they are all synced, on time and shit, but after a few measures they just start to go off time, why does this happen???

all help is appreciated

Post subject: off
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:26 pm 

if you slow it down by even 1 bpm, there will be artifacts. the time stretch only works cleanly when you're speeding up, not slowing down. as for your patterns and loops being off, i have no idea. are you positive they're the same bpm? this never happened for me. the best thing you can do to avoid the clicks & pops is probably just filter or eq it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:18 pm 

yah, i figured if i just resample it a couple times it'll sound a bit better. thanks for help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:35 pm 

Remember that the BPM readout your 303 gives you is not 100% acurate. Your sample is probably 90.3234 or something.. the 303 just rounds up or down. So you gotta really use your ears and chop it just right. Or, instead of setting it to loop, just take off the loop and gate buttons and just hit the pad as the sample ends to restart it and that way it will stay on beat better.

www.myspace.com/djfrantic