It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

Post subject: How I stay organized in a project with lotta random samps...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:20 pm 

At least it made it so I do less fumbling around trying to find the sample I need...
Starting with a blank project:

When I'm sampling a bunch of stuff back to back, I start with bank A and take up only the 1st and 3rd vertical rows: I use (in this order) pads 1,5,9,13... 3,7,11,15.

Then on to bank B and use the same spots, etc. Any percussion sounds or drums are the exception: I use bank D for all drums, and bank I for the progress/resampled performances of these sounds.

If I get all the way to the end of bank F I'll stop for a while and manage what I've sampled so far. Let's say pad A01 (my first sample) needs a low pass on it, but that's it. So I resample to pad 2, putting it in vertical row 2. anything in vertical row 2 or 4 means that it is a revised version of the sample or needs further work.. either way it shows that it is a higher priority . then I use the same pad spot but on the secondary bank (this case F) and put the original sample there. that way, it puts it out of view and also un-lights the pad in vertical row 1, showing me at a glance whenever I return to that bank that that particular sample is more important (more likely the one I'm searching for) because which pads are used and which are not can show me a couple of things visually about whats happening in the bank, .I think I'm gonna stop here because reading back this looks rediculous, the way I'm wording this but hopefully you get the idea :mrgreen: