It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:40 am

Post subject: LOOKING FOR SP404SX + MPC 1000 FORBIDDEN JUTSU
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:30 pm 

Been using the 404sx for a few years.Recently came into an mpc1000 at a good price. I gotta do some repairs so in the meantime I've been focusing on getting flee with the sp again. Once I have the mpc up and running, anybody know some good tricks? I've found a few on the forums already but if anybody knows some forbidden jutsu... one love

Post subject: Re: LOOKING FOR SP404SX + MPC 1000 FORBIDDEN JUTSU
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm 

After you power up your MPC... during the title screen: up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start. That's the only one I remember. Oh yeah... A, B, B, A... that's another good one.

On the real... just remember what each is best at. MPC for sequencing... SP for processing samples and general effects use. U can sequence your SP with the MP, or export wav's from the SP and load onto the MP for sequencing. There's a lot you can do with both, but I would definitely recommend learning to make complete beats on each individually first. That will be easier and more effective than trying to learn how to use them together from the jump. You may find you like using one more than the other, as they are quite different.

SOUNDCLOUD

Post subject: Re: LOOKING FOR SP404SX + MPC 1000 FORBIDDEN JUTSU
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:00 pm 

Ah yes of course the Konami Sample Cut Code. Im pretty familiar with the sp, I've been using it since Alonso Majikal put me on 2 years ago (RIP his youtube channel, so much knowledge dropped). I started on maschine and then went to push2, but I didn't like being in the box. Too many cheat codes made playing the game not fun nahmsayin? Loved the sp because I could actually close my eyes and make beats. One time I was showing my friend the sp and his mind was blown on some "bruh you can really just use your ears this is crazy".

This is also a mint mpc, bought it from a retired music teacher who had a few in his attic still in the box, for a good enough price that I could justify it with the other gear I have.

Thanks for the response one love! Checked out your falling man tape, it was dope!