It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:31 pm

Post subject: 404(SX) recording into interface in stereo
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:08 pm 

Hey all, I've been experimenting more with phasing/panning on my 404 and I've noticed that the stereo effects which I can hear through the headphone jack do not record in stereo through my audio interface. My lightly educated guess is that it's only recording into one track on the interface and thus it's in mono when it shows up on my computer, but I'm unsure how to remedy that without converting the r/l into two separate cables and sending that into two separate inputs (kind of extra, no?). For context, I'm recording from the rca-out into a focusrite. If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it! Cheers

Post subject: Re: 404(SX) recording into interface in stereo
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:11 am 

Which focusrite model do you use to record to your computer?
if its a scarlet solo then yeah that makes sense it records in mono, you only have one channel to work with on that thing, the other channel can really be only used for mics.
if thats the problem, try replacing it with a Behringer U-Control UCA222, i dont have it cause i got a scarlet with stereo inputs because it was the cheapest thing at my guitar center. but the reviews on the behringer one say its really good. its also only 30 bucks so yea