It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

Post subject: issues using sp-404sx as external fx in ableton
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:42 pm 

i am trying to use my sp-404sx as an outboard through the external audio effect unit in ableton. so far i have managed to get sound through to the sp-404sx and back into the daw/through my speakers however, i have very little control over the magnitude of the effects. for example, i can only turn the volume or drive knob a small amount, barely enough to even hear the playback, before i inevitably get a lot of sharp feedback. i've checked all the settings multiple times and made sure the gain isn't too high, but the input sound isn't loud enough to set off the peak indicator on the sp-404sx.

i'm using a scarlet focusrite 6i6 with the sp-404sx as inputs 3/4, monitors as outputs 1/2, and then outputs 3/4 back into the sp-404sx, so i don't see why i should be getting a feedback loop, unless it's an issue with the interface itself or the sp-404sx? i have watched and read countless tutorials and have been searching all over for solutions but can't seem to find one. has anyone dealt with something like this before? am starting to feel a bit frustrated, so any help is very much appreciated!

Post subject: Re: issues using sp-404sx as external fx in ableton
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:39 pm 

Sounds like a feedback loop. Below info might help; if it doesn't maybe send dude a pm & ask how he got it workin.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25835

Until you figure it out, maybe use the 404sx on it's own for a bit. Not saying you haven't done that already, but....... it's a fun machine 8)

Post subject: Re: issues using sp-404sx as external fx in ableton
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:53 pm 

Make sure direct/hardware monitoring is turned off or down on the focusrite.