It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Post subject: Tutorial-Drum sounds using only an Sp303 and people's voices
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:16 am 

Tutorial Link (making drum sounds step by step guide on what to do to create deep bass kick/lo fi hip hop kick, low key snare, drill sound etc using an interview and an Sp303)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH6nKF8VZ98&t=4s

Hi everyone

New to the forum, and thought id share this (its good i finally found the secret password as I tried to join a while back but gave up!) . Posted this on reddit, but primarily will be useful here I think (given its an Sp board!)

I made a tutorial which I think may be useful for people, I've had the Sp303 for about 6/7 years now, and really enjoy the capability and simplicity of it. Its done using an Sp303, but you can do this also with an Sp404 or any sampler as its the process that is required.

One of the things I experiment with is playing it as if its a synthesiser- putting a sample 1-2 secs long, and seeing what I can make out of it (trying to replicate warm drum sounds, synthesiser sounds etc). You can do this with the Sp404 as well,but I prefer the tone of an Sp303 and its lo fi output (more warm).

I made this and wanted to share primarily for people who may always have difficulty finding drum samples or want to experiment with drum sounds...I used an AFX interview mainly as it was inspired by AFX, BOC etc (the sound processing side of that electronic music).

You can do this with any audio,speech- theres sounds hidden in pretty much everything. You can make mellotron sounds/libraries from the simplest of 1-2 second samples with Sp303 etc.

Hope its useful and enjoy

Would love to know other peoples tricks and tips (I think most people probably do this kind of thing anyway but for beginners this may be useful!)

PS the tutorial is done in an ode to easy listening/test records...so hope it doesnt bug people too much!

Post subject: Re: Tutorial-Drum sounds using only an Sp303 and people's vo
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:50 am 

Great vid. indeed. Nice to watch. Maybe you should make that tutorial a little bit slower. I use simmilar technique to make some synth bass sounds and synth/organ pads.