It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:41 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
zendanisdead wrote:
cassette recorders are not for wow and flutter. at all.
people use them as an interface to record on to and bounce back into the machine. that's it. period.


Maybe your average cassette recorder isn't. I was talking in regards to Reel to Reel Tape machines.

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
VHS's are also used to achieve wow and flutter as well

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:55 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
zendanisdead wrote:
no digital plugin can emulate what an analog recording interface does. you are an idiot if you think it can. it is a physical impossibility


Of course they can. Not exactly, but it can trick the average listener... that's why companies make software emulations in the first place. Only an idiot would think plugins do everything that the hardware does. For the record I did not suggest they do within my comments.

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:
cassette recorders are not for wow and flutter. at all.
people use them as an interface to record on to and bounce back into the machine. that's it. period.


Maybe your average cassette recorder isn't. I was talking in regards to Reel to Reel Tape machines.


all tape has wow and flutter, but i don't see why anyone would intentionally want this.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:31 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:
no digital plugin can emulate what an analog recording interface does. you are an idiot if you think it can. it is a physical impossibility


Of course they can. Not exactly, but it can trick the average listener... that's why companies make software emulations in the first place. Only an idiot would think plugins do everything that the hardware does. For the record I did not suggest they do within my comments.


for the record, you did suggest they do:
"but I use the plugin, Nebula to achieve the same audio goodness (albeit it would exactly be the same)"

it's funny because you said it's exactly the same, then i called you out, and you said not exactly

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
typo my dude. why would i use albeit and say that they would do the exact same thing? makes no sense

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:38 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:
cassette recorders are not for wow and flutter. at all.
people use them as an interface to record on to and bounce back into the machine. that's it. period.


Maybe your average cassette recorder isn't. I was talking in regards to Reel to Reel Tape machines.


i'm sorry man, but i've never heard any rational person in my life say "tape machines are FOR WOW AND FLUTTER" especially when the companies who produced them spent millions of dollars in research on ELIMINATING wow and flutter. you sound like an idiot. i'm not continuing this argument. :mrgreen:

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:39 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
typo my dude. why would i use albeit and say that they would do the exact same thing? makes no sense


uh okay i didn't realize it was a typo, but yes it still reads logically with your typo. it just suggests the complete opposite of what you were trying to say, apparently

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
zendanisdead wrote:
all tape has wow and flutter, but i don't see why anyone would intentionally want this.


The Lo-Fi effect. to make their music sound like it came off a cassette. to make it sound like back in the days when people would record off the radio to their cassettes to play back their favourite hip hop songs and would hear some of that wow and flutter they're used to....

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
zendanisdead wrote:
thesisdrs wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:
cassette recorders are not for wow and flutter. at all.
people use them as an interface to record on to and bounce back into the machine. that's it. period.


Maybe your average cassette recorder isn't. I was talking in regards to Reel to Reel Tape machines.


i'm sorry man, but i've never heard any rational person in my life say "tape machines are FOR WOW AND FLUTTER" especially when the companies who produced them spent millions of dollars in research on ELIMINATING wow and flutter. you sound like an idiot. i'm not continuing this argument. :mrgreen:


I guess you haven't heard of how the beatles used the wow and flutter from Ampex ATR 102 reel to reel machines on their most popular album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' It's one thing to be ignorant... it's another thing to sound like a complete jackass while being ignorant.

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
I guess you haven't heard of how the beatles used the wow and flutter from Ampex ATR 102 reel to reel machines on their most popular album 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' It's one thing to be ignorant... it's another thing to sound like a complete jackass while being ignorant.


no i have no idea what you're talking about, and i can assure you, you're the only jackass dude. deadass. why would a record player with a lower wow and flutter % be worth thousands and one with a high % worth 40 dollars fam. just do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Last edited by zendanisdead on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:
all tape has wow and flutter, but i don't see why anyone would intentionally want this.


The Lo-Fi effect. to make their music sound like it came off a cassette. to make it sound like back in the days when people would record off the radio to their cassettes to play back their favourite hip hop songs and would hear some of that wow and flutter they're used to....


btw, if you're using a computer program to fake sound like some oldschool hip hop that was actually produced the right way, you're a jackass and a poser.

btw i checked out your bandcamp and you can't make beats for shit

sorry everyone else on the forum reading this, i'm not usually a dick, but this is just plain stupid 8)

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:55 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 260
I was told not to argue with fools
you and your cognitive dissonance can marinate by yourself
i won't make you any wiser.

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:59 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
I was told not to argue with fools
you and your cognitive dissonance can marinate by yourself
i won't make you any wiser.


here man, if you don't trust me, just trust everyone else on the internet.

https://blog.fluance.com/wow-flutter-mean-turntables/

you sound like a fucking lofihiphop dickriding faggot if you think a tape machine's sole purpose is for DISTORTING SOUND.
cassettes were not invented for making music SOUND BAD. it is a RECORDING MEDIUM and the engineers always strived to make it SOUND GOOD.
god damn like how thick can someone's head be??? you're pushing the limit.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
thesisdrs wrote:
I was told not to argue with fools
you and your cognitive dissonance can marinate by yourself
i won't make you any wiser.


i have nothing against your dumb ass, nor do i want to flame anyone on the internet. i simply do not appreciate the spreading of MISINFORMATION. and i brought up the fact that you're wrong for the benefit of this forum's user base. thank you.

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: