It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:47 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
[quote="zendanisdead"

TO OP
If you want to know how tape affects your production, it makes it sound worse. Avoid it if you can.
[/quote]

I dunno man...I think a lot of people would be quite surprised by just how good recordings made onto tape can sound if they are recorded properly in the first place.

There's no doubt that analogue recordings can handle any digital source, the only question is whether there is any loss of frequency response since this has to do with limitations of the tape composition as well as circuitry. Getting tapes to reproduce much above 14khz or 15khz will be tough, but guess what, there’s plenty of brightness in audio at 15khz to sound good.

Another problem with folks who use tape decks to record with is they don't always take care of or maintain the equipment properly...you actually have to open up and CLEAN that motherfucker lol .

I've fixed up many,many tape decks and boomboxes for peeps over the years and nine times out of ten the issue is always the same..basically,a lack of care for the machines.

Despite what some may think that dirt, gunk and grime all over your machinery won't make your shit sound better hehehe.

You wouldn't let your cars engine get into that condition for example and the same rule should apply to the musical equipment you use.

Maintaining the belts which inevitably degrade over time and which are a common cause of problems with a lot of tape decks and boomboxes is essential..also the rollers and other moving parts which need to be properly lubed and maintained to produce the best results,sonically.

I personally love the sound of a well recorded tape...i'd genuinely be much more interested in hearing a recording that was made by someone exclusively on a 4 track analogue machine than in a DAW for example.

I guess It all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:13 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:31 am
Posts: 212
What have I done :shock: :lol:

_________________
303

https://soulchoppa.com/


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:48 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:55 pm
Posts: 184
Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
SOUL CHOPPA wrote:
What have I done :shock: :lol:


Hehehe..

That comment genuinely made me laugh out loud .. :D

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:51 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:57 am
Posts: 298
zendanisdead wrote:

dog i never said tape machines didn't have wow and flutter. in fact i said exactly that they do.


But you said:
zendanisdead wrote:
i've never heard any rational person in my life say "tape machines are FOR WOW AND FLUTTER"

and i answered that some people use them only for that purpose (so it's rationnal to say tape machines are for wow and flutter (if you don't put "exclusively"/"only" this is correct, i'm not well placed for discuting about grammar english because i'm not good with tho... but i follow what you meant,
the sentence is theorically not correct and you has right but you can turn it in both way, that's why he said:
thesisdrs wrote:
Of course it's for wow and flutter. It's not ONLY for wow and flutter but people use tape for those purposes. you'd be assuming to think i meant it's solely for that purpose...

zendanisdead wrote:
I said the point of a tape machine isn't a WOW AND FLUTTER MACHINE.
it can be the main point if you use it for that purpose (even if, of course, people who created tapes, didn't make them for wow and flutter )

zendanisdead wrote:
It is a recording interface. No one can prove me wrong.

Agree
zendanisdead wrote:
NOW THAT BEING SAID, anyone can use it for whatever( the fuck) they want.

yes
zendanisdead wrote:
I'm not the only person who swore :mrgreen:

This isn't a valid argument.
zendanisdead wrote:
It doesn't discredit me, sorry.

It doesn't bring any arguments to the main topic, so it's unusefull and if you say unusefull things it discredits you.
zendanisdead wrote:
I own a Nakamichi BX300

It looks so cool
zendanisdead wrote:
I don't like the way (faggots like) thesisdrs use tape machines (or even WORSE computer program tape machine effect emulators!!! [oh my god]) to seem like they're cool and oldschool. (It's called being a poser and a faggot. )

It's not because you don't like the way he uses it that he's a poser and a faggot, still, no arguments...
Don't take it bad, but this is free hate and i don't understand the point of doing this on SP forums wich is a pretty respectable website. The topic is "Cassette recorders" so unless if you wanna talk about that it might be better to abstain yourself in the futur. I guess readers wanna see relevent informations, not topics full of hate and unusefull things otherwise they just turn on their TV.

_________________
s o u n d c l o u d
b a n d c a m p


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:52 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:20 pm
Posts: 352
HELLOPILLOW wrote:
zendanisdead wrote:

dog i never said tape machines didn't have wow and flutter. in fact i said exactly that they do.


But you said:
zendanisdead wrote:
i've never heard any rational person in my life say "tape machines are FOR WOW AND FLUTTER"

and i answered that some people use them only for that purpose (so it's rationnal to say tape machines are for wow and flutter (if you don't put "exclusively"/"only" this is correct, i'm not well placed for discuting about grammar english because i'm not good with tho... but i follow what you meant,
the sentence is theorically not correct and you has right but you can turn it in both way, that's why he said:
thesisdrs wrote:
Of course it's for wow and flutter. It's not ONLY for wow and flutter but people use tape for those purposes. you'd be assuming to think i meant it's solely for that purpose...

zendanisdead wrote:
I said the point of a tape machine isn't a WOW AND FLUTTER MACHINE.
it can be the main point if you use it for that purpose (even if, of course, people who created tapes, didn't make them for wow and flutter )

zendanisdead wrote:
It is a recording interface. No one can prove me wrong.

Agree
zendanisdead wrote:
NOW THAT BEING SAID, anyone can use it for whatever( the fuck) they want.

yes
zendanisdead wrote:
I'm not the only person who swore :mrgreen:

This isn't a valid argument.
zendanisdead wrote:
It doesn't discredit me, sorry.

It doesn't bring any arguments to the main topic, so it's unusefull and if you say unusefull things it discredits you.
zendanisdead wrote:
I own a Nakamichi BX300

It looks so cool
zendanisdead wrote:
I don't like the way (faggots like) thesisdrs use tape machines (or even WORSE computer program tape machine effect emulators!!! [oh my god]) to seem like they're cool and oldschool. (It's called being a poser and a faggot. )

It's not because you don't like the way he uses it that he's a poser and a faggot, still, no arguments...
Don't take it bad, but this is free hate and i don't understand the point of doing this on SP forums wich is a pretty respectable website. The topic is "Cassette recorders" so unless if you wanna talk about that it might be better to abstain yourself in the futur. I guess readers wanna see relevent informations, not topics full of hate and unusefull things otherwise they just turn on their TV.


someone called me out for cursing, that's why i said i wasn't the only one.
it got heated on both sides bruh, you can't put it all on me

_________________
http://soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
beet farmer
"If you want that '90s sound record at 12bit as hot as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cassette recorders
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:57 am
Posts: 298
no problems :wink:

_________________
s o u n d c l o u d
b a n d c a m p


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: