It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

Post subject: 404 & Ableton Live?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:11 pm 

Hey finally starting to get the hang of making ish, I'm a year into owning my 404 and within the past 6 months have been learning how to use ableton live as well. Just want to hear from those who integrate their 404 with ableton live, how do you go about it? Do you just use it as an instrument and record as an audio track or do you use the sp as a drawing/effects board and just chop everything to midi in ableton?

Post subject: Re: 404 & Ableton Live?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:38 pm 

I like to make a beat halfway on my sp's then load all the pieces into ableton and finish it there. Like make a couple drum loops and chop up a sample or two and then use ableton to sequence and lay effects on everything. Then you can run everything back into sp's for those effects. It's fun to go the other way with it too, starting in the computer and finishing/sequencing shit in the sp. Ableton is great for mastering too, I've only recently realized the power the stock eq has

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:31 am 

i got my 404 and 303 routed into ableton so i can use the effects as i build my beat. few vids and tutorials online that show how to route them with the proper interface.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:03 pm 

fushou. wrote:
i got my 404 and 303 routed into ableton so i can use the effects as i build my beat. few vids and tutorials online that show how to route them with the proper interface.

When it comes to using them for fx, do you prepare your tracks in any way when you send them to the 404/303? I have a feeling I should be avoiding the red clipping light on the SP, haha.