It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:19 am

Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:18 pm 

booyungg wrote:
Kegeratorz wrote:
booyungg wrote:
doesnt it have something to do with the polyphony of the sp..?
anyways if u get frustrated by the stuttering and glitching u can either
1. resample your beats by layering 1 sample at a time like a retard or
2. do it like the big boyos : pattern sequencer>no clicktrack> 99 bars. tbh making beats with the resample feature is the most destructive and autistic form of production. best way to "RESAMPLE" is to actually bounce tracks from sampler to sampler... literally resampling.... :mrgreen:

Does it while resampling a sample with effects on it, not hitting another pad. Gotta be a card issue. Patterns are cool but it looks to me you can't record effects to a pattern, all live tweaking. Hope I'm just doing it wrong, I'm not a big boy, ha!

well you can still resample individual samples with fx... then use em in the pattern sequencer. anyways thats just my 2 cents, theres plenty of different ways to work around the machine. Not everything has to be made from resampling

That’s the problem, just resampling with FX I’m getting glitches. And your right patterns are great, it’s the way I work but the resample issue makes everything quite difficult. Ordering a new card today, so cheap might as well.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm 

Ordered From Amazon, SanDisk 32GB Ultra Class 10 SDHC, $18 with next day delivery. We shall see, crazy I just didn't do this sooner.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:20 pm 

Kegeratorz wrote:
just resampling with FX I’m getting glitches.

well thats kinda weird then.. hopefully like u said its something about your actual sd card. good luck with that new card!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:02 pm 

this might be a little too late/old news but there's a lot of new heads come thru so I might as well mention it.

there's the glitch with DJFX where it does a skip (not the pause when you engage or disengage it) when you fuck with ctrl2 because it's an effect related to time, although idk why they didn't put a high priority on ironing it out so it doesn't happen cuz they were so tunnel-visioned on everything needing to be live for DJs that they took out the non-realtime effect (202 pitch) but w/e. Anyway the easiest way to hear the skip is have a beat playing with DJFX on and then start twisting pitch around a lot and then bring it back to normal and then slowly adjust the grain size and depending on the style of beat it'll be really easy to hear. The only workaround I really figured out is if you do the bootleg tapestop, instead of bringing it back up, just disengage DJFX and then twist around the grain size knob a bit until it gets the lag out of its system while it's not on any audio. Obv that won't always be what you want, but sometimes if you wait a good while before adjusting grain size I think it might work it out on its own but it usually doesn't in my experience. you can also work it out by doing a typical DJFX stutter but make sure to give the grain size a good adjustment and then it'll flush the stored lag during the stutter. downside to this method obv is that you have to use the stutter so if you're a DJFX-stutter abstainer because of the rampant overuse then you're out of luck.

I don't know if you even were using DJFX but I figured I'd throw it out there for anyone who might be running into it.

second skip is the nasty one. when I first got my 404 this would be the bane of my existence. it never happened too frequently, only once I was deep into it in a lot of whole beat-length resamples. you'll just be resampling a beat and then the audio will either drop out for a good 5-15 seconds, or it'll do a huge instantaneous skip to a different part of the beat. my best estimation is that it happens when you start filling up a large majority of the banks. my sd card is 32GB so even with all banks filled there's still a disgusting amount of space left on the card so it's not running out of memory. I was thinkin maybe it's cuz my card is the largest supported memory and was considering downgrading to a super low sd but then I read people with much smaller cards had the same thing happening. then one thing I read on here (shoutout spf!) was someone claiming that it only happened on long stereo resamples so that day I switched to pure mono beats and I don't think it ever happened again. if you're dead-set on stereo beats you have my sympathy.

maybe it's my card. sandisk ultra sdhc class 10 30 mb/s ?
when I was doin research on the boards about what SD card was the safest bet the advice I read was "get the fastest card you can find", maybe I was mistaken and didn't find a particularly fast card. but I never changed cards and mono seems to work. maybe there's a limit on how much 'live' sample data the 404 can properly keep track of despite the card limit. I don't know why that would be, but it would explain why full-banks loaded w/ stereo would start acting out

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:18 pm 

Great reference, I don’t use the DJFX but good to know. Got the card but have stupid dinner plans so I’ll format tonight and give it a shoot. My card is is also the 32gb ultra class 10 but 80mb transfer speed.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 am 

Try changing your memory card. Mine did the same thing. An SD Card will corrupt and youre fucked from there. You can Bank Robber shit to move your banks. Lemme know if that helps

https://soundcloud.com/pontiac_d/cigarettes/s-Mi2I7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:31 pm 

New card works great so far, no glitches at all.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:27 am 

i had this a couple times. got a class 10 card and hasn't happened since. that was like 3-4 years ago maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:58 am 

u have to use a specific kind of card in the 404sx
high speed data transfer cards i use a 90mb/s 16gb sandisk most of the time i have two of them
og card starts glitching when it gets filled up because it has a low data transfer rate

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:14 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

I had the same problem until I got a better and faster card!It's def the Card you need the ultra high joints and don't go above 16gb..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:50 pm 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
I had the same problem until I got a better and faster card!It's def the Card you need the ultra high joints and don't go above 16gb..

True

I ended up getting the 32gb but did notice the 8gb high speed I found later at the office seam to play nicer. The 32gb would't stutter but sometimes had a glitch here and there. Wasn't terrible but enough to try the 8gb.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:07 pm 

With my 303, when this happens I just truncate the resample and then it’s good. It’s definitely a memory issue . Clear up some unused pads and it should be fine

https://soulchoppa.com/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:33 am 

Kegeratorz wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:

True

I ended up getting the 32gb but did notice the 8gb high speed I found later at the office seam to play nicer. The 32gb would't stutter but sometimes had a glitch here and there. Wasn't terrible but enough to try the 8gb.

Ironically enough. feverishly working on BB 253 today one pad glitched every time on a resample, moved to a different pad and all good. Wild part is yesterday I reformatted the card as I do every time I start (usually don't finish) a battle. 8gb High speed Ultra 80/mb transfer SanDisk. Never had any issue with that pad in the past. Half way through audio would cut out and that's how it was recorded. Frustrating when shit is heating up.

SP-404SX