It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:45 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:52 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am
Posts: 247
Location: Not close enough to a beach
Sorry if asked in the past, been searching and couldn't come up with the behavior I'm getting. While resampling I'll have the best take of the night, then I'll play back and stutters and glitches. Don't hear it while resampling, Brutal. I saw some where to make all samples mono, done that, it seams to have helped but not solved. Thinking maybe a bad card? Any thoughts?

Edit:
I probably should add it's a 404SX

_________________
Keep Liven

SP-404SX


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:38 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:28 am
Posts: 184
I get this with my 404sx from time to time too after using the same card for a long time, reformatting the card always works for me so I'd try that first


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:26 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am
Posts: 247
Location: Not close enough to a beach
seezesea wrote:
I get this with my 404sx from time to time too after using the same card for a long time, reformatting the card always works for me so I'd try that first


Thanks Dude, I backed up to my laptop and formatted on the 404 but won't have time to try till later tonight. Keep you posted. Not going to copy files back from PC, feels good to start over some times.

_________________
Keep Liven

SP-404SX


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:56 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 221
I had the same problems with my SX. I changed the SD card to a 4gb class 10 card. Since then I don't have any problems.

_________________
SOUNDCLOUD


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:28 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am
Posts: 247
Location: Not close enough to a beach
Reformat seamed to help but I'll check the class as well.

_________________
Keep Liven

SP-404SX


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:42 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm
Posts: 387
.. only ever had 1 minor issue with the standard issue SD card that comes with the SX . had other cards so I could archive stack . that soon stopped in its tracks

_________________
http://www.krissothegreat.blogspot.co.uk


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:11 am 
New member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 am
Posts: 5
this happens to me on OG Silver also when resample stereo

_________________
AmoebaGod on: SC | YT | IG


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:10 pm 
Member

Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:07 am
Posts: 306
seezesea wrote:
I get this with my 404sx from time to time too after using the same card for a long time, reformatting the card always works for me so I'd try that first

+1

_________________
303&404OGSX&555&1200
http://www.soundcloud.com/alnitak_kid
http://www.alnitak-kid.bandcamp.com
https://www.youtube.com/alnitakkid


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:59 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Germany
When my cf-card was about to get out of space, i got sometimes stuttering too with my sp 404 og. Deleting some samples or formatting the card helped for me.

_________________
http://www.linusonline.org
http://www.thegreatnoire.bandcamp.com


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:22 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:48 pm
Posts: 35
I use an sx and I use a 16g card. give it a lot of nice space to spread the files out without getting too crowded for space, also thats the smallest and cheapest size they sell at stores nowadays, I just have a handfull of them I have in a tin that I switch between but now I just had one for a good 6 months inside it now and it hasnt stuttered at all yo.


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:51 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am
Posts: 247
Location: Not close enough to a beach
Lou- wrote:
I use an sx and I use a 16g card. give it a lot of nice space to spread the files out without getting too crowded for space, also thats the smallest and cheapest size they sell at stores nowadays, I just have a handfull of them I have in a tin that I switch between but now I just had one for a good 6 months inside it now and it hasnt stuttered at all yo.


Funny you said this, last night mine started acting up again. Glitched while playing back a resample and that was it. Every time I played it, it glitches. Time for a new card I guess. Frustrating.

_________________
Keep Liven

SP-404SX


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:22 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:47 pm
Posts: 387
my 505 fucks up on lengthy resamples . let's just say I don't use resample as much as I probably would

you can hear examples on BEATS vol.1 - "Glitch In The Matrix"

_________________
http://www.krissothegreat.blogspot.co.uk


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:24 pm 
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 am
Posts: 114
doesnt it have something to do with the polyphony of the sp..?
anyways if u get frustrated by the stuttering and glitching u can either
1. resample your beats by layering 1 sample at a time like a retard or
2. do it like the big boyos : pattern sequencer>no clicktrack> 99 bars. tbh making beats with the resample feature is the most destructive and autistic form of production. best way to "RESAMPLE" is to actually bounce tracks from sampler to sampler... literally resampling.... :mrgreen:


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:11 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 am
Posts: 247
Location: Not close enough to a beach
booyungg wrote:
doesnt it have something to do with the polyphony of the sp..?
anyways if u get frustrated by the stuttering and glitching u can either
1. resample your beats by layering 1 sample at a time like a retard or
2. do it like the big boyos : pattern sequencer>no clicktrack> 99 bars. tbh making beats with the resample feature is the most destructive and autistic form of production. best way to "RESAMPLE" is to actually bounce tracks from sampler to sampler... literally resampling.... :mrgreen:


Does it while resampling a sample with effects on it, not hitting another pad. Gotta be a card issue. Patterns are cool but it looks to me you can't record effects to a pattern, all live tweaking. Hope I'm just doing it wrong, I'm not a big boy, ha!

_________________
Keep Liven

SP-404SX


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Stuttering and glitches while resampling
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:17 pm 
Member

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 am
Posts: 114
Kegeratorz wrote:
booyungg wrote:
doesnt it have something to do with the polyphony of the sp..?
anyways if u get frustrated by the stuttering and glitching u can either
1. resample your beats by layering 1 sample at a time like a retard or
2. do it like the big boyos : pattern sequencer>no clicktrack> 99 bars. tbh making beats with the resample feature is the most destructive and autistic form of production. best way to "RESAMPLE" is to actually bounce tracks from sampler to sampler... literally resampling.... :mrgreen:


Does it while resampling a sample with effects on it, not hitting another pad. Gotta be a card issue. Patterns are cool but it looks to me you can't record effects to a pattern, all live tweaking. Hope I'm just doing it wrong, I'm not a big boy, ha!



well you can still resample individual samples with fx... then use em in the pattern sequencer. anyways thats just my 2 cents, theres plenty of different ways to work around the machine. Not everything has to be made from resampling


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: