It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

Post subject: SP to computer?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:13 am 

How do you guys get tracks you make in your sp's onto your computer? I always just record my finished beats to my 404sx and pull them straight off the SD card but it always seems to lose something when I do that... It also always seems to get a little bassier. Is that just shitty mixing on my part (i wouldn't be surprised) or are there better ways to go about this?? I haven't had any better luck recording to a DAW and exporting from there but again, could easily be poor mixing causing the issue. This is a problem I have always had but it's really been bugging me lately.

Post subject: Re: SP to computer?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:25 pm 

i never really notice that much of a difference when exporting it off the sd card. I think the reason it sounds different to you is because the sp processes sounds a certain way. i bet if you put it on your computer, but then run it back thru the 404 itll sound like it did when it was originally on there. does that make sense?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:03 pm 

I actually really like the "bassiness" of your beats... I haven't tried the sd card method... ive done a few different things but the only way besides the sd card is to plug the rca audio outs from your sp to the audio/channel ins on a audio interface and usually the audio interface connects to your computer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:32 pm 

Thanks for the responses guys, yeah the sound processing difference makes sense, I still haven't tried recording something back into the sp but I would imagine you're right chacho. And thanks teddyp! I have tried the audio interface way too, into my mpc renaissance and into ableton but I still have to export the tracks from those programs and I feel like that changes the character of the sound in an even more pronounced way. That's why I usually do the sd card method and that's probably what I'll stick with for now at least. I've heard Cubase exports cleaner than ableton too tho so maybe I need to give that a try but I don't like messing with computers haha