It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

Post subject: SP 303 + MPD26 ... MIDI Setup Help?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:27 am 

Hello I'm trying to link up my Akai MPD26 to my SP 303 via MIDI. I'm just confused on how to configure MIDI in this situation when there is not that much info on the subject. (I'm aware of the manual, I'm just trying to look for a quick response if anybody uses the SP 303 with a standard MIDI Pad)

Thank u if u reply and help out.

Post subject: Re: SP 303 + MPD26 ... MIDI Setup Help?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:38 pm 

I use an mpd24 with my 404sx, so I don't know for sure its similar but here's how we do

The midi ports probably only work for this if you use the external power port, and don't plug in the USB.

Pick your midi channel. From the 303 manual, hold down a button when switching your boy on. Eg, hold down button 1 when switching it on and youre on midi channel 1.

Now you have to program your mpd. On the 24 this is a real process so get settled in. You only have to do it once. Go to a blank preset, rename it something swish like '303'. Then go to edit mode.

Hit your first pad. On the 24 you then just click the encoder to go in and edit the pad. Set the midi channel to match your 303 and select the note that corresponds to the button on your 303.

Pad A1 - note 36
Pad A2 - note 37
Etc
Etc

Now save your preset.

All good?