It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

Post subject: New used sp404sx looping problem
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:17 am 

My old 404sx died a few months ago and I just got a new one. I've used a 404 for a long time and can't figure out what's up with my loops on this new one. I always resample the number of bars I want, but I leave an extra kick from the next bar so that I can reverse it and fiddle with the end time so that as soon as I hear the sucking sound of the kick is gone, I know my loop is perfect. But on this new one I just got, the timing of the loop will be perfect, but there's always a duck in volume right before the loop comes around again. I've tried making multiple loops from different samples and it's always there. Never had this problem before, does anyone know what's up? The silence at the end of the loop makes it sound off, even though it isn't. It won't play through seamlessly.

Post subject: Re: New used sp404sx looping problem
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:15 am 

Sounds strange man. Do you have a homies SP you could run your loops through (off your SD)? That way you can find out if it's the loops or the SP.

Post subject: Re: New used sp404sx looping problem
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 pm 

just wanted to update this, because this issue that zosomagik is talking about drives me crazy:

zosomagik wrote:
But on this new one I just got, the timing of the loop will be perfect, but there's always a duck in volume right before the loop comes around again. I've tried making multiple loops from different samples and it's always there. Never had this problem before, does anyone know what's up? The silence at the end of the loop makes it sound off, even though it isn't. It won't play through seamlessly.

I actually think there is a difference in the loop function between the 404 OG and the 404sx. When I loop something on the 404sx, there is for sure a duck in volume right before the loop comes around. When I try and fix it by adjusting the start/end or using the mark button, the duck in volume only gets worse, or i'll get a clicking noise. I end up having to re-do the loop several times before I get it perfect.
However, I got a 404 OG recently, and I have never run into this problem since. I can set a loop and there is no duck in volume.. the sample loops seamlessly.

I'm curious if anyone else besides us has experienced this same thing?